Guest Report

4 beach-side apartments in Castara. (listing)
David Williams

Guest Report

Post by David Williams »

Just spent 3 weeks here from March 21st. to April 11th.

I knew from the amazing reaction/response to my huge amount of emailed questions during my months of research, that I had made the right choice of where to stay in Castara!

Stephanie (co-owner with Brian aka Ali Baba)not only showed extraordinary patience, but answered all my emails within hours!

So - to the accommodation:
Situated at the very end of Little ("Heavenly") Bay, Ali Baba's Sea Breeze has access to the nicer of the 2 beaches with only 15 steps (45 seconds!!) from the apartments; and the Boathuse Bar & Restaurant. We specifically asked for the 'Stingray' apartment since it has the exact same view as pictured on their website! And, truly, the colours are absolutely genuine! When the sun is at a certain angle, one can clearly see the reef from the balcony, and I swear I actually saw some fish as well!!

The apartment itself was totally adequate for the 2 of us - super-comfortable bed with a 100% effective mosquito net. I confess we only used the fridge & kettle in the kitchen so cannot comment on the cooking facilities!

And the service? Wow! is all I can say - towels, shower curtain, cleaning 3 times a week.

Stephanie & Brian were always available if required but never intruded on our privacy. If/when we return, there is no question of where we will stay!

A big, BIG thankyou to you both for making our vacation a truly unforgettable one!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Guest Report

Post by Steve Wooler »

Thanks for your lovely report, David. I hope we left Stingray apartment in good shape for you - we were resident there for the 11 days leading up to the Friday before you arrived. Fabulous place!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Alibaba's Sea Breeze”