Guest Report

4 beach-side apartments in Castara. (listing)
Annie Culleton

Guest Report

Post by Annie Culleton »

I can highly recommend these apartments, the location is absolutely fantastic with the most amazing views from the balcony. We were in 'Turtle' which is the 2nd balcony along from the right when looking at the block from the sea.

I loved the fact that you can have the balcony doors open all the time and listen to the waves as you drift off to sleep. It was incredibly relaxing. The apartment is furnished in a cosy style, the kitchen has everything you need and I spent many happy hours reading on the balcony taking in the superb view. It felt a bit like staying in tree house!

Castara beach (especially the little one by the apartments) is lovely and some fantastic snorkelling right on your doorstep! It was also incredible (if not a little disconcerting) that a southern ray comes into the bay most afternoons. I spotted him snorkelling, deciding he seemed far bigger than me in the sea! But the ray is obviously very used to people and even swam inbetween me and another guest whilst we were chatting in the shallows!!

Castara village is very sweet, it is quiet and there are not that many choices for dinner for a 2 week stay, but we found our favourites and just returned to those... The Boathouse is the best for both a bar and for dinner, esp Wed nights when they have live music/drums. A really great atmosphere and tourists seemed to come in from over the island. The name of another favourite for breakfast escapes me, but it's on the other side of Castara and again, holds a live music night once a week. The salt fish breakfast was really tasty.

Overall, it was probably the most chilled holiday I have ever had, was delighted with our choice of accommodation. Stephanie was very friendly and helpful, and we felt most welcome during our stay. The owners have also been incredibly helpful in assisting in an airline claim as our flight was delayed. If you are looking for lively evenings then Castara is not for you (except for Wed nights in the Boathouse!).
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Guest Report

Post by Brian Taylor »

hello annie, good to hear you remember us and the good times you had in castara.
the breakfast place is probably "chenos cafe" at the village entrance. they have a BBQ every week too usually with music...
since you have been here we still have been working on improvements and keep on doing that. last year we put in proper hot water showers... we love them and the guests do, too :wink:
so there is always room for a better next holiday here. hope to see you two again soon!
steph and alibaba
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Hi Steph,
Glad to hear that Cheno is doing a BBQ, since Ancel is no longer having his at the Naturalist. What night of the week is it?
Brian Taylor
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Brian Taylor »

was suually saturdays and there also is a BBQ at shirmas cafe every friday night. very tasty... :wink:
Stephanie & Brian "Alibaba" Taylor
Alibaba-Tours - http://www.Alibaba-Tours.com

Return to “Alibaba's Sea Breeze”