Guest Report

12 apartments in Castara (listing)
Martin Cole

Guest Report

Post by Martin Cole »

I have stayed in Castara a lot over the years, and Angel Apartments has everything I need.

Once it has established itself, I can see these being perfect.

I wouldd strongly recommend them to all.

There is a lovely waterfall in the rainforest in Castara, that im sure most people wouldnt even know it was there.

There are some local ladies who cook fresh bread a couple of times a week. Try their cakes.

The local fisherman will take you out on a trip, and the clear waters make excellent snorkelling
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Readers should be aware that Martin Cole represents a UK investor who owns half of the Angel Apartments. In fact, we believe that he is the son of the investor and is in charge of the Angel Apartments project.

Our ‘Notes for Tobago Business Owners’ in the ‘Notes for New Readers’ forum give clear warning to business owners about abuse of our system through flagrant self-promotion. It is extremely sad that Martin Cole has found it necessary to endorse his own property rather than being able to rely upon the public to do so. By making such a post and not mentioning his involvement, his post can only be seen as an attempt to manipulate public opinion.

I contacted Mr Cole and offered him the opportunity to explain or apologise. His simple one-line reply states “my girlfriend may have done”. Long live the English language and British education system!

I am particularly disappointed by this incident because Cole’s local partners, Dexter and Debbie Taylor (of Cascreole Restaurant) deserve better. They provide good service at the property and have an excellent reputation for honesty and integrity.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Y Rolston

Post by Y Rolston »

Thanks Steve for highlighting to "My tobago" visitors what appears to be an attempt at self promotion by an unscrupulous individual. You have clearly stated the purpose of the website and Mr Cole and/or his "girlfriend" should be embaressed by their act of self publicity.

Those of us who use the site expect to be given unbiased recommendations.

Thanks again Steve for your attention to detail.

A note to any future self-promoters.... "you will eventually be found out and Steve will tell us who you are".
Gisela Grell
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Gisela Grell »

Hi all,

thank you Steve for opening our eyes for this self-promotion. I know Debby and Dexter well and I'm sure they would be upset if they would know.
I know Angel Appartements just from outside because it is based im my favourite "little bay". For my opinion it is a bit too big for this littel beach. I would like to support Debbie and Dexter but for me it is too expensive I'm sure it will find its guests and whish them all the best.

Cheers

Gisela (hopefully back in April/May)
luella

Re: Guest Report

Post by luella »

Who cares! What's wrong with sharing a good thing?!

I have just returned from Castara staying in these apartments and they are more than adequate with the most amazing sunset views out across the bay. The apartment was massive, the beach practically at your feet and the best restaurant/bar next door. I also made friends with Dexter and Debbie Taylor as there was a definitive 'community' feel and expectation in this village - they came over to Angel for a barby on my last night and would probably not give a toss about your nit-picking, cantancurous gripe!

Get off your soap box.
Terry K

Re: Guest Report

Post by Terry K »

Well, I can tell you that I care. I have gone to places all over the world and have come to rely on these types of forums to get honest and reliable information. I have no problem with self-promotion as long as the writer identifies themselves as Steve suggested. There are other sites where proprietors, owners etc write reviews while pretending to have been guests- I certainly have a problem with that as well. Thank you Steve for your close moderation of this site.
Terry

Return to “Angel Apartments”