Guest Report

12 apartments in Castara (listing)
Meta Wåhlin

Guest Report

Post by Meta Wåhlin »

We stayed at Angel Apartments for 9 nights on the top floor with the best view possible from the HUGE balcony. We had rain showers almost every day and the balcony was a real rescuer.

The apartment was well equipped and very cosy. Very spacious! The staff was extremely helpful, you only have to ask once and they will do everything to help.

Other comments:

If you want action of any kind - this is not the place. It is really quiet and nice. No loud music and noicy people on the beach. The beach is small but nice. Keep to the left in Heavenly bay, there are less stones there!

The Boat House restaurant is nice for breakfast. I do hope that they will have the permission to sell alcohol again, it makes things much easier (even if you could bring your own).

Shopping for food is an adventure. There are no shops at all in Heavenly Bay and the hills to Castara bay are steep. If you don't have a car (we didn't) listen to the advice to stop by Pennysavers supermarket on the way from the airport (we didn't...).

These are examples of what you can expect to find in the shops of Castara:

eggs, butter, canned tuna, tea bags, water, bread, soft cheese, snacks, tomatoes, onion, melon, lemons, beer and soft drinks, salt/pepper, deodorant and soap etc.

NO meat of any kind, bacon, ham etc. Fresh fish can be bought from the fisher men in Castara bay.

Don't get me wrong. We really enjoyed our stay. I got op with the sun every morning, an early morning walk some days, yoga and feeding the birds on our lovely balcony, with a cup of coffe and a book. And since there is literally nothing to do at nights (except hanging at Mr Wallace's place) :) I fell asleep at 9 PM at the latest.

Few people is the best in all ways but one. We were a bit disappointed in the variety of restaurants. But thinking about it - you can't expect more with only maybe 50 tourists staying there.

Try the restaurant at Blue Mango - a bit "under construction" at the time but very friendly and the best food in Castara in our opinion! It's amazing what they can accomplish in a very limited space.

Return to “Angel Apartments”