arnos vale aparments

3 apartments on the outskirts of Plymouth (listing)
Nick Bristow

arnos vale aparments

Post by Nick Bristow »

I've just booked to stay at the Arnos vale apartments in November.
Has anyone stayed there recently and are they as good as they look on the photos?
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Hello Nick,

It has been some years now since I stayed there with my mother and son but I'm sure that Victor has kept the place immaculately. You will understand when you meet him. He takes great pride in his beautiful home.

We exchanged emails a couple of weeks ago as I thought some friends might want to stay there but they could not come at this time. Please tell him hello for me and enjoy your visit. You will be close to Arnos Vale hotel which has a very nice little beach with good snorkeling right at your feet. The citrus in Victor's yard should be ripe in November too! 8)
Nick Bristow

Post by Nick Bristow »

Thanks for that Hugh. I will be sure to say hello to Victor for you. I must admit that the photos do make the apartments look excellent.
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Nick

I have never been inside the Arnos Vale Apartments but I know them well and I have met Victor, the owner. Hugh is spot on. I have always admired the property when passing (the 'main' Caribbean coast road passes directly beside it). It is always beautifully maintained and Victor clearly has great pride in the place. Be sure to give him my regards too.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Nick Bristow

Post by Nick Bristow »

Thanks Steve. I thought I had made a good choice but a it's always good to have some reassurance from people in the know.
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Hi Nick

I haven´t been a guest at Arnos Vale, only been there on the beach like many others who like the nature there and the snorkeling.

The area around Arnos Vale is really nice, a nice garden, rain forrest and you also have teh Arnos Vale Water Wheel not so far away, a rest from the old sugar plantation.

I´ve met peoples who were complaining about the rooms, "so small, old things, old painting" and so on. But us it always is, some peoples expect far too much, some seems to believe it´s a 4-stars hotel, European standard, and it´s not.

If you are looking for entertaiments, clubs, bars and so on, on walking distance, sorry, it´s not like that.
It´s even a quite good walking, at least 30-40 minutes or so, up to Plymoth, in daytime OK but in the dark evening/night, no, no, the road doesn´t have much light.

But if you like the nature, birds, flowers snorkeling, and a peaceful area, you will like it. To see other areas you will need a car.

But a short walk around on the road is also nice, the rainforrest cover the road so you nearly are walking into a tunnel.
There´s also a mot-mot-road across the forrest to Footprint Eco Resort. That place seems to be run-down, but the beach is really beautyful.

Ronald
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Ronald

Sorry to correct you, old friend, but Nick isn't talking about the Arnos Vale Hotel (surely nobody stays THERE?). He is talking about the Arnos Vale APARTMENTS.

You are bound to know them. Visualise the road past Plymouth, heading towards Arnos Vale. Well, it is the LAST property on the LEFT before you leave the village. A white two-storey house in really tip-top condition with really lovely well-kept gardens. You must have noticed it because there's NOWHERE in Plymouth that's anywhere as well kept. About 200-300m after the Arnos Vale Apartments the road takes a left bend for the final stretch down to the AV Hotel - with the Adventure Farm on the right.
Steve Wooler
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Sorry Steve & Nick!
My mistake! As I never stay at hotels, apartments, I´d only read Arnos Vale...!
Jep, I remember the house, because I´d walk that road last year to the AV Beach an further on, twice even! Shame on me!
Nick Bristow

Re: arnos vale aparments

Post by Nick Bristow »

I've just got back from my stay at these apartments and can thoroughly recommend them to anyone.
The apartments are spacious,clean and well equipped.The gardens are immaculate and are ideal for watching the world go by.There were just the two of us in the apartment but it could have easily slept six.
The owners Victor and Ursline Forde ( Victor is a retired fire officer, Ursline is a primary school teacher) are friendly, helpful but not intrusive.They are truly wonderful people.
The price was very reasonable ($50 us per night). I don't think anyone staying here will be less than impressed. I'll go back anytime.
When I get more time I'll write a full review.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Nick

Glad to hear you had a good time. When you do get a chance to file a full review, perhaps you will do it via the Add Report section of the Accommodationg listing for Arnos Vale Apartments. That way you will get a chance to award a "Reader Satisfaction Ranking" for the apartments. I'm sure Victor would appreciate that.
Steve Wooler
Nick Bristow

Post by Nick Bristow »

Steve,
Will do. Victor deserves no less for his efforts.

Return to “Arnos Vale Vacation Apartments”