Guest Report

3 apartments on the outskirts of Plymouth (listing)
Rebecca Wong

Guest Report

Post by Rebecca Wong »

My boyfriend and I stayed at Arnos Vale for a week in July. We lived in the one bedroom on the second floor. The owners are truly lovely people, and were genuinely helpful. They came to supply us with clean towels and tidied up the place a couple of times though we were only there a week. Everything was clean and spacious. Our suite had a shower and no tub. Our kitchen came with a variety of clean dishes neatly put away. The cooking utensils were very old but usable. Our unit did not come with basic cooking ingredients, but we asked Victor and Ursline for a few items, and they gladly supplied us with what we needed. The apartment was quite comfortable, with American cable tv and fully furnished. The bedroom/toilet/shower had an AC unit, and the tv area had a rotating fan. Though we were there during the rainy season, it rained mostly at night and we had many sunny days. However, the ocean was choppy and murky so prob not the best time for snorkling and diving. It was our first trip to the Caribbean, so we learned a few things. Although our apartment was spotless, tiny ants will come out of the woodwork if there are any crumbs on the floor. There are hundreds of them, so we learned not to leave food out for any period of time, and not to drop any food on the floor. The apartment is not sealed; many windows are slatted panes, so mosquitoes and other insects may come in but we only saw one big cockroach the entire time, which was pretty good. The bed comes with a mosquito net but i did get bitten at night. We found a can of Off in the pharmacies in Scarborough. Arnos Vale is not far from Crown Point and Scarborough, so it was convenient for us to get around with a rented car. The price for our place was certainly unbeatable. The villages in Tobago really have little to see or do other than beaches, and we would only recommend staying in any of the villages if you have a car.

Return to “Arnos Vale Vacation Apartments”