Guest Report

8 room guest house in Charlotteville
Charlie D

Guest Report

Post by Charlie D »

I've read the other reviews of this hotel on this site and if all they can talk about is noise, air conditioning and ice cream then they should have a long think about what they want from holidays. Granted, Banana Boat is basic accomodation (nothing a lick of paint and a solar water heater wouldn't fix) but USD 50 per night for a double ensuite room is a bargain. The charming village of Charlotteville is located quite remotely so electricity and water supplies can be erratic. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, certainly not white-gloved drones that you would find in the Hilton but I don't want that. There is a dawn chorus of wild native birds, free range chickens AND hotel caged parrots but you can also hear the waves on the beach from your room.

If you want a silent, cold room with a minibar, TV and 24 hour room service then this is not the hotel for you. Having said that, Tobago isn't the destination for you either. Go to Dubai instead with all the other unimaginative losers.

Return to “Banana Boat Inn”