Guest Report

3 beachside apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
Andrea Huber

Guest Report

Post by Andrea Huber »

Tobago is a dream for beach nymphs, water sports enthusiasts and nature lovers. So if you are looking for an island that has not yet lost all of its originality, then you are exactly right. However, you should have a good source of information on your side otherwise you will find only half of the natural beauties that are described so well in all the guidebooks. But that's the price of originality.
And this perfect source of information for me was Mr. Prince Robinson of Birdies Nest.
From Birdies Nest I first learned through a recommendation. As a single woman just a bit over 50 years, I was used to organize my holidays for myself and to take care of everything. All the more I was amazed and pleasantly surprised when Mr. Prince Robinson announced that he had already organized everything : the transfer from the airport , the first visit to the supermarket , road maps , addresses of guides and a driver, a cell phone for phone calls locally, even bath towels (Stop! the have been just for me  and this is not an official service), rental car, which he offers himself and a two-hour conversation only to give me advices, where I can go as a single woman and what I should rather do with a guide.

Mr. Robinson took care of before and during my stay at all and I have had rarely such a relaxing holiday!
Since you live in an apartment, you can order a breakfast over a catering service, you can also walk to some restaurants in the area, have a wonderful view from the pool area, which is by the way constantly cleaned carefully, surrounded by plants you can watch pelicans and hummingbirds. You will live among the locals and can thus experience the true Tobago!
With the rental car and Mr. Prince Robinson's advices I have surrounded the island, I've seen a lot of waterfalls, beaches, birds, rain forest, I sailed with a catamaran (I have booked a tour), I've snorkeled (although I'm not the snorkel fan, but the reefs are so beautiful that even I dared a look), have put me in the Nylon Pool (well the taper to 10 years did not work out) and have spent wonderful days at beaches.
I can only recommend Birdies Nest warmly and should you be a single woman, you have in Tobago and in Birdies Nest a safely holiday!

Return to “Birdie's Nest”