Guest Report

3 beachside apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
Janet McClelland

Guest Report

Post by Janet McClelland »

The apartment was immaculately clean and cool.. Our bed was large and comfortable but its a shame that the bedroom window lets in so much noise ftom next door -- the neighbours whilst we were there, who seemed to start their days much earlier than us and finish them much later, were quite loud. It was good that Prince let us use both the bathroom and shower room on the 2-person occupancy rate. I liked the shower but my husband preferred the bath which was huge and so deep I had difficulty in getting into it. The kitchen was well equipped for two self catering with some very high quality cooking pans.

The gardens and pool are beautiful and well maintained and there are fabulous views over the ocean from the deck which is a perfect place for sundowners. Whilst we were there there was a weather alert for heavy seas which meant we could not swim below the house but with a hire car we were easily able to get to a number of other more sheltered beaches.

Prince was very helpful and was very anxious to ensure that we enjoyed oyr stay to the full and he certainly achieved that.

Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Guest Report

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Janet

Thanks for your post. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Birdie's.

We moved into 'your' apartment at Birdie's Nest just a few days after you left and are still there, so I was particularly interested to read your report. I hope you don't mind me clarifying your point about noisy neighbours.

The 'local' neighbours here have been no trouble and haven't given us any cause for complaint.

I believe that the noise you refer to - and which we have experienced ourselves - is actually from a small party of visitors at the adjacent Pride Of Courland apartments. They are fine most of the time, but seem to let rip a couple of times a day. Maybe the rum punches are to blame. They've played the Norwegian national anthem a couple of times, so I think they must be missing home and perhaps we should be feeling sorry for them. I'm sure that peace and tranquillity will return soon. It's such a shame that they disturbed your visit though.

I will send a copy of this post to the owner of Pride of Courland. Hopefully he will ask his guests to be more considerate of neighbours, particularly as negative comment by guests can have such a detrimental affect on future bookings. How would he feel if his property lost business due to complaints about noise from neighbours? This isn't meant as a reflection on your making the comment. :)
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Birdie's Nest”