Guest Report

3 beachside apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
Glenda Williams

Guest Report

Post by Glenda Williams »

Prince and his mother are the capable hosts of Birdie’s Nest! First things first; If you would like to be picked up at the airport by the fabulous Cecil, just let Prince know and it’s done! He will also take you back at the end of your fantastic stay. Cecil is very knowledgeable about all things Tobago! He’s not only your go-to for a quick ride, but can also act as your personal Tobago tour guide, which I did and I learned so much and fully enjoyed! Cecil, thank you for everything!

Prince goes out of his way to ensure you are comfortable and you have all that you need. Your comfort is his priority. The property is located right by the water so you fall asleep to the sounds of the waves and wake up to the sounds of the waves. It doesn't get any better! The property offers two apartments on the main floor and a large apartment above. I enjoyed apartment #2 located on the bottom with everything you need to be self-reliant, oh; this apartment has direct views of the pool, Great Courland Bay beach, and the waves, especially from the bedroom! There are numerous "corner shops" to grab quick necessities and a Penny Saver within close driving to stock up. The apartment has everything you need to prepare your meals with a BBQ available on the property. You’ll be spending a lot of time poolside at Birdie’s infinity pool; which was designed by Prince! it’s well maintained and stocked with pool accessories for lounging, swimming or taking in the breath-taking views.

Stone Heaven Bay (where you'll enjoy "Waves Bar/Restaurant" overlooking the beach to take a drink or to grab a bite) is a short walk from Birdie’s, by taking the "shortcut" via Great Courland Bay beach (in front of Birdie’s), up the stairs, and past Fort Bennett! Your views along the way are roaming chickens and grazing goats with a sprinkling of locals who all seem to offer up a quick hello, love this! (This is how I met the eclectic George, a local coral carver). Thanks George for the carved coral pendants!

If I absolutely had to give a negative, that would be the lack of local restaurants - if that is what you are looking for. You’ll see many local shops to have a quick drink, though and you’ll find a few local food stands. In Black Rock, there isn’t a roti stand anywhere in sight, a slight disappointment for me!

Don’t forget to ask Prince to hook you up with the best tour guides available! Take a trip to Tobago Forest Reserve with Fitzroy a local guide who happens to specialize in the birds of Tobago, he has a very keen eye for spotting the most hidden of these gems. I fully enjoyed my forest hike with Fitzroy who took me to the most secluded spots to view the many waterfalls - thanks, Fitzroy! Then, tour the island from Crown Point to Charlotteville with Cecil! Along the way, you'll be introduced to the many secret and secluded beaches. There's much to enjoy in Black Rock and the stay at Birdie's Nest will not disappoint. I'm counting the days until my next trip... Enjoy!

Return to “Birdie's Nest”