Guest Report

3 apartments in Charlotteville
Jo B.

Guest Report

Post by Jo B. »

I stayed at Charlottevilla for 5 nights during September 2008, in one of the downstairs one-bedroom apartments. I had visited Charlotteville on previous visits, but this was the first time I had stayed there. I chose Charlottevilla over the other main candidate, Top River Pearl, as I heard that it's location was quieter with a garden.

The location on the edge of the village, close to Man'o'War Bay was excellent. It certainly was fairly quiet, but still within easy walking distance of the main village centre.

The accommodation was spacious, clean and cool. No aircon, just one fan. Unlike the other reviewers, I suffered more from insects here than I did in Castara. One of my first purchases was mosquito coils! The mosquito net round the bed was most welcome. The kitchen was well-equipped but the rather dated mini-cooker with just two gas rings and a small oven didn't encourage me to do any real cooking. The terrace in front was a lovely place to sit and read and relax.

Dalin, the local caretaker, was very friendly and helpful. If you are a cat-lover, there are two of the most gorgeous cats in residence - Precious, a pale ginger tom, and his ladyfriend, a most delicate tabby. They kept me company throughout my stay, and I was very sad to leave them behind.

All in all a very pleasant place to stay and I would certainly come back if I stayed in Charlotteville again.

Jo x

Return to “CharlotteVilla”