Guest Report

3 apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
Jamison & Marisa

Guest Report

Post by Jamison & Marisa »

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, simple place to rest your head at night then this is the place for you. We stayed in one of their Seaview Apartments which was a pretty simple room including an AC Unit, a very very small tv, stove, dishes, cutlery, pots, refrigerator, sink, toaster, hot and col shower. However I do have some major and minor complaints:

1. Lack of proper parking for more than 1 vehicle. The first night we parked in a single parking lot next to the house. The next day another new guest with a vehicle was given that spot. We had to park in the street, that is unacceptable.

2. No Microwave in our kitchenette area.

3. AC unit had a lot of dust, looked like it had not been cleaned in a very very long time. This was a problem for my wife, had her constantly sneezing.

4. The shower head was not working properly, it barely pushed water.

5. The location is sort of out of the way. Guests have to drive on the long forested Plymouth road to get to the guest house. In the night time this road is lonely and dark at some points. The other route involves passing on the highway then taking shirvan road which is a little better but still some distance nonetheless. The guest house is located on a narrow road.

Some of my complaints may not apply to some persons, its really based on your individual needs but we will be looking for a better Guest House next time around.
GillianM
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Re: Guest Report

Post by GillianM »

I felt I had to respond to this report due to the ridiculous nature of some of the points raised, namely the parking complaint and the criticism of the routes used to reach the guesthouse.
The parking in my opinion and in the opinion of every guest I have spoken to is entirely adequate, providing at least 3 parking spaces for guests(there are 3 apartments) and is in keeping with other properties in the area-this is a small guest house in a local area, NOT a luxury hotel-what on earth do such visitors expect when assessing such accommodation?!
Secondly to criticise the access roads is to merely criticise the essence of Tobago itself-'the long forested Plymouth road' is part of the main circular road round the island' and if the visitor is alarmed by this I suggest they do not visit this or any other small island again as they are surely of too nervous a disposition to survive the experience.
The other criticisms raised are not worthy of comment.
Personally I find it incredible that there is accommodation available available at such a price, with such views, a feeling of security and such a warm welcome, anywhere in the world.

Return to “Duke Robinson Guest House”