Guest Report

3 apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
Sarah-Rose Macnamee

Guest Report

Post by Sarah-Rose Macnamee »

After visiting this stunning guesthouse back in 2008 I have been unable to book a holiday anywhere else in the world.
As soon as you arrive you notice the colourful flowers surrounding the little tiled walk-way entrance. As you walk up to your apartment you can hear all the different birds singing, smell the fresh sea air and say hello to the family's pet turtle who resides in his little fresh water pool to the side of the path.
The Black Rock Beach is about 100 yards away and the views are exquisite. I have seen dolphins from the sea view apartments on many occasions. There is also a little shortcut though to Grafton Beach (my favourite) usually very quiet, clean sand and the water is clear for miles. Not only is the setting fantastic, but you are not too far away from the lively nights the island has to offer.
Duke and his wife Dorleen (now known as Daddy Dukie and Mums) have not only made me feel completely at home, but have taken me in as one of their own family at times- cooked for me, cleaned my messy room, woken me up in the mornings and given me lifts everywhere and anywhere. Every apartment of theirs I have stayed in has been cleaned to an exceptional standard. The beds are really good quality and the garden is out of this world.
The effort that is put into keeping the place spotless and the garden beautiful is unreal, especially for how reasonable the price is.
If you are looking to visit Tobago I would highly recommend that you book in at Dukes guesthouse and soon as it tends to get quite booked up in busy periods!

Return to “Duke Robinson Guest House”