Duke's House Black Rock

3 apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Duke's House Black Rock

Post by David Watkins »

I stayed here in Feb 05 for one week and would recommend this house.
My accommodation was a ground floor apartment overlooking the beach(about 50m away)and consisted of a kitchen area with full 4 burner gas stove,microwave,large fridge freezer and a full range of cook and table ware,a dining/sitting area,with easy chairs and dining table and chairs,one en-suite bedroom, a seperate bathroom/w/c,and a further larger bedroom.Out side was a large balcony with loungers and a dinning area with seating for eight at table.Both Mr and Mrs Robinson were welcoming and helpful,I look forward to staying there again.
David
Sandra F.

Post by Sandra F. »

I found it only on "yes". Do you know if Duke has its own website?
Is it far from all or there is no problem to go there without car ?
Thank you very much for your help! :)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi again Sandra

I'm not familiar with Duke's house, but believe it is very near Birdie's nest, so it can only be a 5-minute walk from the main road through the village. In fact, Duke is the uncle (?) of Prince Robinson who runs Birdie's Nest on behalf of his mother, Princess. One way or another, you'll feel like you're staying with royalty.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Sandra,Duke's and Birdies nest are adjacent to each other.Duke's is higher up than Birdies so gets a little breeze,but Birdies is right on the beach.Bkack Rock is a friendvillage and easy to get about.Steve's right about the bis service but just stand at the roadside and you will get a lift.Don't be tempted to take a taxi from the Grafton as they are very expensive!Duke alao has a mini jeep that he rents out and I am sure he does a day rate.
David
Sandra F.

Post by Sandra F. »

Hi David,
thank you for your info!
I think I would like both but I don't know if it is better to go a little bit more in direction Castara/Charlotteville. Perhaps it is less touristical.
It's a really hard work :wink: to choose something ... I think whole Tobago is nice....
Sandra
Sabina

Post by Sabina »

Hi Sandra

I returned from a month at Dukes House this Monday and can highly recommend it. Duke and his wife Dorlene are lovely, lovely people.

I started off in the ground floor, garden-facing apartment but then moved upstairs to the air conditioned 2 bed, 2 bathroom apartment when it became available which had the most spectacuar view from the huge balcony.

I didn't rent a car for the entire time I was there but Duke very kindly gave me a lift to Pennysavers once a week so I could stock up and I just offered him some money for petrol each time. But I would recommend a car if your budget allows.

On leaving, Duke gave me his card with his contact details and website address which are:

Tel/Fax - (868) 639 8626
http://www.dukerobinson.com
[email protected]

I hope this is useful. If you want to know anything else, just ask.

Kind Regards

Sabina

Return to “Duke Robinson Guest House”