Guest Report

3 apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
Giselle

Guest Report

Post by Giselle »

Duke Robinson's Guest House is first of all great value for money. I stayed there in August 2006 with my Swiss and Latvian friends who were visiting Trinidad and Tobago and we were all pleasantly surprised at the high level of accommodation we got for such a reasonable price. We stayed in one of the ground floor apartments which boasted a separate kitchen, two bedrooms (one air-conditioned, the other equipped with an electric fan), bathroom, toilet, living room with cable tv and a little outdoor porch where we enjoyed the tropical garden and many julie mangoes with which the proprietor supplied us.

Although we didn't swim much in the sea that was just a very short walk away as we were busy visiting other parts of the island, we were amazed at the gorgeous sunsets and the beautiful scenic photos the black rocks on the left side of the beach provided.

In September, my cousin and his wife from Tennessee visited Trinidad and Tobago. So happy was I with Duke Robinson's Guesthouse, I booked early, this time requesting the upstairs apartment overlooking the ocean. The views from this spacious verandah were breathless. In this apartment, there were two air-conditioned bedrooms each with cable tv, a kitchen, two bathrooms, two toilets. Again, a really great apartment.

Another reason I had chosen this guesthouse again was because of its location. Everywhere is easily accessible. It is close enough to the airports, the best restaurants but at the same time, a great place from which to explore the rest of the island.

This time, we decided to explore the beach on which the house is situated and I realised I had missed the pleasures of the little pools that formed on the beach. These little natural pools were big enough and deep enough to immerse one's body and just relax, washing away the stresses of life. They are also ideal as a play area for children.

Let me finally say that the proprietors of the house, Duke and Doreen, are two of the nicest and friendliest people you will ever meet. They were always eager to know how our stay could be made more comfortable.

I bet you can guess where I'm staying the next time I visit this island paradise.

Return to “Duke Robinson Guest House”