Guest Report

3 apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
Gillian Macnamee

Guest Report

Post by Gillian Macnamee »

We have stayed at Duke's guest house on two occasions, once in January of this year and again in April. We will be returning again in August, so it goes without saying that the accomodation suits us very well indeed!
In January, I stayed with my daughter at the 'gardenside' apt, which is so called because it has a view of the garden and not the sea. It is extremely spacious and well equipped and the outside balcony is delightful being very private and set in Duke and Dorleen's beautifully tended colourful garden. We loved it there.
In April, we were a slightly larger group, so we stayed in the 'lower seaview' apt which has a very large living and kitchen area and a huge balcony with a glorious view of Courland Bay. The beach is only a minute from the house and is usually deserted! The waves can be a bit daunting however so not every day is suitable for swimming there, although we managed it most days. There is an alternative beach just five mins walk away, over a headland, for less daring swimmers.
I cannot recommend either of these accomodations highly enough-Duke and Dorleen are really wonderful people-welcoming, sociable, for whom nothing is too much trouble. The setting of the house is perfect-down a quiet private road, yet so close to all the amenities on the island and away from the tourist centres.
The apartments are spotless and exceedingly good value for money, a wonderful base from which to enjoy Tobago.

Return to “Duke Robinson Guest House”