Guest Report

3 apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
Christine Murray

Guest Report

Post by Christine Murray »

I was very happy with the accomodation. I was in a small bachelor-type room with a kitchenette, and modern bathroom. I had to share the patio/terrace with one other unit after the first few days, so that privacy was gone. Everything was nice & clean, and I had a modern remote control operated air conditioner which worked beautifully. The villa is set on a ridge with a half-block away view of the ocean, and was very nice & quiet. The gardens are lush, and give a very private, sequestered feel to the place. I loved the bird life! Every morning the little bananaquits would come and chirp away until they got a treat! I would go back there happily. And Mr.Robinson, and the family look after the place well.

I need to amend my report a bit as I must say that I felt more than comfortable at Duke's place. I have travelled a fair bit, and I have rarely felt so comfortable and at home. I must add that I travel alone, and that can sometimes be intimidating. I felt safe and secure at Duke's. I just loved the place! One evening as my friends (who were staying with family, and one at another guesthouse) and I were coming in late, Duke and some guests were socializing on the side patio. There was a wonderful aroma of something delicious cooking, and we were all invited to join in for 'Fish Broth'....easily the best I've ever had! Our friend who was staying at another questhouse was so jealous of my lovely 'home away from home'! She wanted to change and stay there, too, but we were full! But you wouldn't know it...it was always so peaceful and quiet! Anyway, bottom line is that I will go back to Duke's again when I return to Tobago. I have been to Tobago many times, but this was just so perfect!

Return to “Duke Robinson Guest House”