Guest Report

3 apartments in Black Rock village (listing)
Alison Wren

Guest Report

Post by Alison Wren »

I paid in advance for a two week stay at the beginning of December. When my flight was cancelled due to inclement weather conditions, and my arrival delayed for 2 days, I was assured that a refund would be payable. However, upon my subsequent departure, I was unsuccessful in my numerous attempts to secure my promised refund, despite several requests to the owner and his family. I also had to vacate my apartment earlier than expected (due to unforeseen circumstances) and no refund was forthcoming for the period. Having paid the Robinsons upfront, in good faith, for my holiday accommodation, I was more than a little disappointed at the dishonest manner in which I was treated, and for this reason would advise anyone against any business dealings with this family guesthouse. BUYER BEWARE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
GillianM
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Re: Guest Report

Post by GillianM »

I felt the need to reply to this alarmist report on behalf of the fair and honest owners-they should not have such a report unchallenged on this website lest it puts off off prospective visitors.
Firstly-if you pay for and book accommodation you enter into an unwritten contract with the owners that you will be residing in that accommodation for the period as the owners could have let that accommodation to someone else had you not taken it. Many many owners ask for non refundable deposits because of such problems-Duke and Dorleen do not-they trust guests to do what they say they are going to do!
This guest was in fact given a partial refund of 300TT which she neglects to mention, as a gesture of goodwill. She also neglects to mention that she left in haste at the end of her stay without informing the owners that she was leaving.
Not good enough in my opinion. I believe she was very fairly treated despite her attitude and to post a report such as this constitutes an injustice to fair and welcoming business owners. There are always two sides to every story.

Return to “Duke Robinson Guest House”