Guest Report

2 apartments in Castara village (listing)
Susan l

Guest Report

Post by Susan l »

We stayed at Hidden Cottage for 2 fantastic weeks in November. We were in Mot-Mot House for the first week and Hummingbird Apartment for the second week. It was fabulous and the accomodation was everything that we hoped for - and more.

Hidden Cottage was very clean, with plenty of good furnishings and fixtures, I especially appreciated the very comfortable beds and the aircon in the bedrooms. The showers were great with high water pressure. Absolutely everything that we needed was provided - even a (local rate) mobile phone, which came in handy. The lovely Rhonette came in every couple of days and spruced things up beautifully, especially welcome given all the sand we kept dragging in. The Cottage has a jeep for hire, it was really convenient to hire it directly from the owners - we did and really enjoyed seeing other areas of the island.

The house is really well situated. It's up a short hill literally 1-2 mins from the village centre and 3-4 mins from the bay. At the cottage you are right up in the forest canopy and consequently experience the joy of seeing some of the local wildlife up close, really close.

One of the loveliest things was sitting out on the deck/veranda for meals/ drinks/ general chilling (especially in the hammocks!) and enjoying the sounds of the forest and visits from the birds and lizards. Even when it poured with rain for one entire day, sitting comfortably on the veranda was bliss.

I had one of my best ever moments in the early evening after a hot day on the beach, floating around in the pool (supported by childrens floating water tubes), gazing dreamily up at the sky and watching the stars gradually popping out, one by one, into the deepening dark blue sky. Completely magical.

Return to “Hidden Cottage”