Guest Report

18 apartments in Crown Point (listing)
Cindy D

Guest Report

Post by Cindy D »

My family and I (4 adults and 2 children under the age of five) stayed for five days in December 07, and we enjoyed every minute of it. If you don't have a lot of luggage you can actually walk to the hotel. We stayed in a two bedroom self contained apartment and the layout was spacious enough that we did not feel cramp for space. Our only problems were with towels, we did not get a change of towels, for all the days we were there, we used our own. Management said the laundry lady had a death in her family, hence the shortage of towels. I also had them replace the sofa in the living room as the one we met had a large tear, they made the change within 24 hours.
Jimmy's is located within five minutes walk to Storebay, making a right from the hotel exit. From Storebay you can check any of the tour operators for "Deep sea Diving", "trip to Nylon Pool/Buccoo Reef": there is also an Island Tour by boat. On your walk to Storebay, there is a Royal Bank , an ATM. and a landromat. Exiting and making a left from Jimmy's and making another left at the corner(signs are there) will take you to Pigeon Point(a long walk in) $18.00 TT to use the facilities. You can also arrange your sea-tours from Pigeon Point. My daughters rented jet-skies from that location. However there are bathing areas way before Pigeon Point that are great called "Swallows". There are many inlets for bathing. If you are walking in to Pigeon Point, be careful, the road is very narrow and busy with pedestrian walking in or out and traffic doing the same. You can actually walk along the beach for a while to get to Pigeon Point. Also there is a beach bar called "Bagos Beach Bar" to the immediate left of this establishment, we found a beautiful beach we really loved. We actually regretted spending the $18.00 for Pigeon Point, but I wanted to see the improvement of my island as I have not been home for 19 years.
Jimmy's is also surrounded by restaurants, pizza shop, and one of Tobago's main concert hall, plus soveneir shops, all within walking distance. My family also enjoyed the swimming pool, it's open from 8am - 9pm.

We found the staff at Jimmy's to be helpfull and pleasant. There is a well-stocked mini-mart on the compound, I found everything I needed for my familly meals. There is also a restaurant and bar upstairs the mini-mart, I can't give a review on as we did not use it.
Security: It's and enclosed compound and the gates are closed...not locked at midnight (so guest/visitors can enter/exit), and we saw security presence 24/7.
Amentities: television/cable in living area- no TV in any of the bedrooms and no reading lamps.We also felt the kitchen cupboards and bedroom closets need and upgrade.
Pricing: Is reasonable and as I mentioned earlier you are in the "activity hub", so if you do not have your own transportation, Jimmy's is on the main street, therefore public transport and taxis passes in front the building.

Return to “Jimmy's Holiday Resort”