Guest Report

3 apartments in Castara (listing)
Ian Williamson

Guest Report

Post by Ian Williamson »

It was my second trip to Tobago & this time had the pleasure of spending 5 nights in Saffron apartment at Castara Cottage.

It’s a large studio with a high ceiling & doors/windows that take up most of the outside wall – giving a real sense of spacious, airy freedom.

The apartment is simple, but very clean & well equipped (better than average for a Caribbean apartment).

Although the view is not spectacular, the unique design was really appealing. Not just a simple box-like room as found in many other places.

There is a private balcony where I spent most days, just watching, looking & listening to the local comings & goings of village life & the amazing birds (if you feed them).

I’ve read previous reviews about the noise of dogs barking, cockerels crowing, cars driving by, etc etc...... but, Castara would not be the natural, unspoilt Castara if those sounds were eliminated !

Castara is a lovely village – but the beaches could do with a little more attention with regard to litter & roaming, neglected dogs.

It’s a great base for touring the West & North of the island – and has a magnetic appeal. Glad to be ‘home’ at the end of an exciting/exhausting day touring the island.

Almost every bar & restaurant is good – but my choice has to be the Boathouse – really delicious food & an excellent atmosphere.

Nothing to complain about & would be happy to recommend/return myself.

Return to “Castara Cottage”