Wow

3 apartments in Castara (listing)
benjaminbernstein
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Wow

Post by benjaminbernstein »

Wow. That could be the entire review. Where to start. First off we had some flight troubles and Ann and Yvonne (the owners) were very helpful. We may not have even made it to the island if it wasn't for them. Furthermore, before my girlfriend and I got there they notified us that they were upgrading us to the top suite, the Tamarind. It was amazing. It had an unreal view of the sunset from the porch, an outisde shower in which you could see the sunset, and fun things we discovered throughout the trip (hammock on the porch, windows that opened up in the living room to let birds fly in, etc.) It was a walk away from both beaches and a short walk to town.

Josh who is the manager was extremely helpful throughout the trip. I can't say enough about how he enhanced the experience. Him and his family have a strong foundation in Castara and between Josh and all of his brothers we were treated to an unforgettable experience. One brother (Chino) owns a restaurant (Chino's) where we ate at multiple times. It's a nice place right in the middle of town. His other brother drove us around the island for sight-seeing and waterfall experience (the waterfall is a TON of fun), and Josh himself took us to an island party and drove us around. He was also there whenever we needed him.

We took Alibaba's tour for a boat ride (read: booze cruise) around the island. The two hosts were hilarious. Alibaba himself is a character as well. We went to this place called Nylon Pool where you can stand in the middle of the ocean. Really just absolutely amazing. Caught some fish, had an island-style BBQ, Snorkelling, etc. That's the one thiing you absolutely have to do.

Other Highlights: Bongo night at the Boathouse (I think that's what it's called). The Boathouse was a great restaurant right on the small beach. Live band on our last night at Chino's. Caribs. Rum. Small beach = heaven.

In all honestly there were too many small highlights to the trip to list here. Every day was amazing whether it was chilling at the beach or doing some sort of event. The people that live there are really what put the trip over the top though and are the reason that, without a doubt, we are going back.

Return to “Castara Cottage”