The Naturalist ... 2013 Update

5 apartments in Castara village (listing)
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

The Naturalist ... 2013 Update

Post by Paul Tallet »

I no longer believe that anyone should view my posts about the Naturalist too seriously because I am biased, Ancle informs me that my last visit was my 9th visit, Ancle is more a good friend than a host and I would, of course, recommend the Naturalist to everyone ... but I will try to be as objective as possible ...

Ancle has increased the accommodation to 13 rooms ranging from small 1 bed rooms to a huge 3 bed (ensuite) apartment. It is a massive project that Ancle has taken on despite the recent slump in tourism.

In addition to this, Ancle has sorted out his water supply and, in the Blue Marlin, added a wonderful new power shower. The only problem is that it was so powerful that I had to duck underneath the blast of water to reach the controls to turn it off!!

Ancle is constantly looking for improvements and this attitude is extremely positive and I joked many times that he should add a hot-tub and a switch to turn the sea on and off on demand!

The only negative for Ancle has been the state of the road leading down to the Naturalist and he has been working hard to get the repairs done whilst dealing with the idiots at the THA and consequently my son and I were happy to take part in a news report that Glyn has kindly posted on this forum.

On this occasion, Ancle joined us on many of our trips and we had many enjoyable barbeques in the Blue Marlin when Ancle would bring the barbecue up, cook our catch of fish, enjoy his whisky and snooze on our sunbeds until the early hours of the morning ... Ancle added the 'fab-factor' to our holiday.

We were amazed that Ancle had never been to Buccoo Reef, stood in the Nylon Pool, been to No Man's Land, snorkelled around Englishman's Bay, Arnos Vale and Lovers Bay ... so he came on all our trips while his trusted and lovely daughter, Jodie, managed the business in our absence.

We also went on a very special trip to Trinidad that I will cover in another topic.

So ... in a nutshell, I sense it was Ancle that was shedding tears at the airport when we left.

Keep it up Ancle and look forward to lots more mischief at Christmas :mrgreen:

Regards ... more reviews to follow ...
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “Naturalist Beach Resort”