Naturalist 2017 Update

5 apartments in Castara village (listing)
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Naturalist 2017 Update

Post by Paul Tallet »

I am sure that everybody knows that the Naturalist has been my home from home for the last 17 years and that I am incredibly biased so my posts are really just an update on the services and standards of accommodation.

I stay in the Blue Marlin and I have already reserved it again for next Christmas. Over the last year Ancle has provided a lick of paint and wood stain here and there. The suite remains as rustic as ever ... not luxurious but right by (or over) the sea ... the setting can only be matched by the Sea Breeze Apartments in Heavenly Bay, but mainly because they are more discrete (more privacy). However the access to and intimacy that the Blue Marlin has to the main Beach is unrivaled.

If you have children you can closely watch them play in the sea from the Blue Marlin and you can also see when the Sting Rays arrive and get down there real quick to swim with them. You can also watch the fishermen hauling in the seine nets.

The Blue Marlin covers everything ... the best views of the Pelicans and Boobies diving into the sea for fish and then the majestic Frigate Birds chasing the Boobies and robbing their catch ... sights of fish jumping out of the water as dark forces below press shoals of them into tight balls, leaving them with no other place to go.

Brown sugar in the feeding tray invites numerous bananaquits, blue and green tanagers and the occasional unwelcome pigeon and then with bats at night. You cannot get bored.

And finally, Ancle's biggest investment so far is his new employee, Alan Keys, who is brilliant at fixing things ... so if anything breaks or needs adjustment just ask Ancle or Tracy to send Alan over to sort it.

Brilliant place, brilliant staff ... basic accommodation, but an unbeatable karma/setting.

Don't book for Christmas though !! :mrgreen:
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature

Return to “Naturalist Beach Resort”