Guest Report

5 apartments in Castara village (listing)
Michel Dedenis

Guest Report

Post by Michel Dedenis »

Ancle GEORGE est la honte de sa profession et se montre raciste. Si vous ne parlez pas parfaitement anglais, il se moqueras de vous. Est-ce une attitude normale face un client?????? Ce personnage est odieux et ne mérite aucune circonstances atténuantes. Nous avons failli en venir aux mains tellement il était infâme. Pour que j'en arrive là il faut vraiment me pousser à bout! Lorsque vous êtes touriste et venez en famille, est-ce normal? Il véhicule une image extrêmement négative et si nous n'étions pas venus 2 ans auparavant et repartis enchantés(c'est pourquoi nous sommes revenus!!!!), nous aurions pris le premier avion pour rentrer !!!!
Michel DEDENIS
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: Guest Report

Post by Paul Tallet »

What you are saying in your review (in plain english!) is that Ancle considers himself to be part of a race that is superior to your race and that he has been mocking you.

I may have translated that incorrectly because you imply that you do not speak english and my french is poor and, as a consequence, there can be misunderstandings and any jest can be taken as an insult.

Nevertheless, you seem to be very sensitive to racism ... was it something about the standard of accommodation or general service that could have upset you? You have not mentioned anything about that.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

I appreciate that the report makes no mention of the accommodation, but our reports and RSR rating are about “overall satisfaction” rather than just the quality of accommodation. So, the post is a valid expression of satisfaction by someone who has visited the property previously and must therefore assume to be familiar with the ‘resort’ and the manner of locals. In view of Paul’s response, I feel it only appropriate to provide my best shot at a meaningful translation.
Ancle GEORGE is the shame of his profession and is racist. If you do not speak perfect English, he will laugh at you. Is this a normal attitude facing a client ?????? He is odious and there were no extenuating circumstances. We almost came to blows because he was so vile. I really have to push myself to talk about it! When you are a tourist and come with your family, is this normal? It conveys an extremely negative image and if we had not come 2 years ago and left enchanted (that's why we came back !!!!), we would have taken the first plane home!!!!
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Post by Paul Tallet »

Ah ...

It seems that Ancle is of a superior race, laughs (mocks) other races and smells as well.

It doesn't actually state that the previous visit was to the NBR although it could be implied ... the previous visit could have been somewhere nicer for all I know.

Ancle must have done something pretty bad for Michel to feel compelled to make such a strongly worded post about this and of course, being a repeater myself, substantiated verification and clarification of what has happened would lead me to consider whether I should stay there again myself.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Ancle George, the owner of the Naturalist, has responded as follows:
Mr Michel, on behalf of the staff and myself of The Naturalist Beach Resort, I humbly apologize for any of your travel woes that you encountered on our island.

Firstly, for the past twenty years in this industry, I have never demonstrated "racist" characteristics that may make a client feel othered. Secondly, it was unfortunate that on your first visit to us you went to a travel company in France who then booked you through another booking agent of which you had no idea.

That booking was not supposed to be confirmed but through a slight delay of blocking that period by representatives, the booking was approved. The booking agent was informed by myself to deal with this issue because we had no vacancy to accommodate your family but did not. This I communicated with you and promised to seek alternative suitable accepted accommodation for you and your family which is referred to as a relocation by the booking agent. This was also communicated and accommodation was provided for the first six nights, paid for in full and we continued to seek for the additional six nights. However, during this time we are pleased that we were able to maintain pleasant rapport with other members of the family , as we attempted to ensure a pleasurable experience despite the circumstances.

For the first six nights, the booking agent also offered three choices of alternative suitable accommodation which you refused, I myself offered you another of which was refused. In my humblest view there was no reason for you to become so aggressive to start pounding on my counter shouting, "I am French, I am French!!" At that point I reported the situation to the booking agent that I did my best and requested that they take full charge of this issue because I did not appreciate the arrogance and disrespect of this client.

Ancle George
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago

Return to “Naturalist Beach Resort”