Booking the inter island ferry in advance

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
A Hal
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Booking the inter island ferry in advance

Post by A Hal »

Hi!

New to the forum, but going to TT for the second time in February. :D I have a question regarding the ferry service between Trinidad and Tobago. We're planning on spending our first week in Trinidad (and then return for Tobago for the rest of our stay), but we're landing in Tobago and so we need to get on that ferry as soon as possible after landing. Since it's carnival season I'm expecting the ferry tickets to be sold out by the time we get there, and as I understand it it's not possible to book a ticket online? Last time we went, we had to either get in line very early on the departure date, or buy our ticket at special sales outlets several days in advance. It seemed there was no other option. Is this the case? If so, we'll need to book a flight instead, but I'd rather not fly when there's a perfectly fine boat service available...
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Re: Booking the inter island ferry in advance

Post by Ronald »

Hi

In Crown Point, quite near the junction to Pidgeon Point, I´ve seen a sign that they sell ferry tickets, so that´s one option to try when you are here, if you have your room in the Crown Point area. BUT, for both tickets by air and by ferry, they use to be sold out quite quickly during carnival time!
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

I heard rumours that an online booking system should be operational by next months.
Just check the web site of the Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago regularly.
Something is cooking there ....
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Andy

It would appear the rumours are right. Tanja at Yes Tourism has kindly notified me that ferry tickets will be on sale online from the end of January 2013.

That will certainly make life easier for a lot of people. :)
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
A Hal
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by A Hal »

Thanks for your replies! Hmm, the end of January...that's a bit too late, no? I'm not sure I dare to wait. Well, at least now I know what my options are. Thanks!

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”