Uk Flight Connections

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Gregor Hay
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Uk Flight Connections

Post by Gregor Hay »

Hi

I am looking at connections to Tobago from Gatwick and given the impending demise of Virgin Airways I was considering my options.

My dilemma is simply that if I fly with BA then I am stuck with the option of a 7 or 14 night stay given that they only appear to fly in and out once a week. As of 2015 this appears to be on a Monday.

I wanted to stay for 10 nights and I am seeking advice as to the best options available to me. Caribbean Airways seem to be an option, bit more expensive than BA and you have the hassle of flying to POS for a connection.

Any suggestions.

Regards Gregor
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Uk Flight Connections

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Gregor

Welcome aboard! :D

I'm afraid that the only direct services from the UK to Tobago are now BA and Monarch, and both only offer a weekly service. Your only option for a 10-day or non-weekly holiday would be to fly via Caribbean or BA into POS at Trinidad, then take the airbridge over.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Chris Runciman
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Post by Chris Runciman »

And the flight costs only 150tt each way...... About £15!
Not bad really......I think you will find it worthwhile and at the end of 10 days you will wish you could stay longer!!
Gregor Hay
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Post by Gregor Hay »

Chris

Thanks for that, I think if I want to stay for anything other than 7 or 14 days then my only option is to go with Caribbean Airways via POS utilising the Island Hopper flight but to make the return leg less stressful, I may fly out with Caribbean and return direct with BA, you never mind the extra hassle on the outward leg as you have the holiday to look forward to.

Regards Gregor...
Murray
myTobago Enthusiast
myTobago Enthusiast

Post by Murray »

It's not necessary to fly with different airlines if you want a 10 day trip.

All you have to do is book using the multi-city option on the BA website - eg fly from Gatwick to Tobago on the Monday flight then use the airbridge to return via POS the following Thursday, or vice versa. Booking two single flights with different airlines would be much more expensive.

Although Virgin are stopping their Tobago flights it's possible, even likely, that someone else may fill that gap. Nothing confirmed as yet but apparently discussions have been taking place about either Monarch or BA increasing to two flights per week or Caribbean changing one of their flights from POS to Tobago and could be in place for winter 2014/15.

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”