Re: Corona virus/flights

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
PaulMakin
Tobago Business
Tobago Business

Re: Corona virus/flights

Post by PaulMakin »

Was speaking with some rightly concerned visitor yesterday about availability of flights, especially to the UK. My own experience is do not try to contact the airline from here - get a friend/family member to work on it in the UK. The BA service number does work but it disconnects, secondary to volume of calls i guess - +443444930787 if you want to try.

The airline websites are really poor on this currently. For eg, BA, on their "sales" page are still offering flights to and from TAB. However, if you check their own "flight status" page you will note that all flights after the 23rd are showing cancelled. Seems to be running normally (!) on the 23rd and there is availability. Tomorrow is "unavailable", even for new sales.

BA2157 is terminating at Antigua on the 27th, according to BA. CAL are flying to Antigua from Piarco regularly so may be possible to take this routing (are Antigua "open" though?).

BA are scheduled ex Piarco still, LGW via UVF. 0 availability today but seem to have seats on Sun, Mon and Tues. Priced from c1400TT in economy.If id not been lucky enough to get rebooked id be exploring this option and it may well be that BA decide to consolidate 2157 and 2158 and transfer stranded visitors to PoS for repatriation to the UK

Virgin are transitioning into the low season schedule and are flagged as flying in and out on the 22nd with 1 seat available. They seem to be coming in on the 29th but 0 availability - a "rescue flight" maybe.

Again, ex Piarco, CAL are still flying to the US (Miami, Ft Lauderdale) and Toronto. Not really an option if heading to the UK as onward connections will be few and far between so a real risk of being stuck "in transit" as entry will be refused in almost all cases.

Today's Sunwing departure is scheduled to be their last for the season.

By the time I've typed this the situation will probably have changed but this is how it stands so far today

Paul

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”