Togabo Express Reliability?

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
S Johnson

Togabo Express Reliability?

Post by S Johnson »

Hi All,

New to this forum and need some advice. I have a 6:30 am Tobago Express return flight booked from Tobago to Trinidad, then connecting on to the USA on Continental at 8:35 am in Trinidad. The TE flight is prepaid. I'm hearing conflicting information. Some are saying that TE is so unreliable (even the first flight in the morning) that chances are good we'll miss our flight to the states. They suggest we leave Tobago a day early and stay the night in Trindad. Other sources say this flight time is reliable (pending mechanical issues of course) because it is usually full and as long as we arrive early enough to thwart off any stand-by passengers, we should have no issue with not making our second flight or going through customs at POS.

Any help from those of you who are most familiar with TE and the customs process at POS would be greatly appreciated.
Sharon Keeler
myTobago Nut
myTobago Nut

Post by Sharon Keeler »

We've taken this flight 4 times and made our connections with no problem 3 of those times. The other time there was a mechanical difficulty with the plane which resulted in a missed connection. Don't worry, you don't have to go through customs until you reach the states. I'd say stick with the 6:30 flight.
S Johnson

Booked

Post by S Johnson »

Thanks Sharon,

I went ahead and booked the 6:30 am today. I figured it's a very popular flight, it's not coming from Trinidad, it should get off pending any mechanical issue. Hope it works out. If not, another day in Tobago!

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”