Be Wary BA check in problem

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Jean Sampson

Be Wary BA check in problem

Post by Jean Sampson »

I booked a return flight to Tobago on the internet on the 17th October 06. I received an e-mail confirmation of the booking and receipt of payment by visa from BA. A couple of weeks before my flight on the 5th March I received e-mails advising me of the regulations and suggesting I managed my booking online. As I was arriving at 3.45am at Gatwick I knew I had plenty of time to use the check in machines. I tried to do this as soon as they were functioning without success. When I was able to "check-in" at their desks nearer 7am I found out I apparantly was not booked in, did not have a ticket and there was no record of my reservation. I freaked out, was livid and in no small way let them know what I thought about this. Unfortunately I did not have my original visa card that I used for the payment as I took with me a Flexcard which is easier and cheaper to use abroad. They debited my Flexcard which of course meant I was anxious that I had had my spending money available on this card wiped out. On return home I checked my statements and there was no delay in the payment for the booking and it went through without a problem. BA refunded my fare at the check in which meant they had debited it in October, refunded it on 5th March and then debited my Flex card on 5th March. I have written to them with complaint and await their response. Be wary---- when you think all is ok it might not be and take the card you used for internet booking with you on your trip just in case.
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Post by David Watkins »

Jean,I think basically you had an eticket,this requires you at check-in to present the credit/debit card which you used for your on-line purchase,to prevent cheating.
I fly with Virgin and book months ahead,and tho weeks or so I get an e saying don't forget your e-ticket validation
Go Virgin
David(close to counting down :D)

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”