British Airways & baby

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Natalie Duggan

British Airways & baby

Post by Natalie Duggan »

Hi - will be travelling to Tobago for the first time on 27 May with my 14 month old son. When booking with BA I questioned booking a seat or using their carrycot/seat and was told a carrycot was availabe. Am now doubting my decision and wondered if I should have booked a seat after all. Has any one used one of these before? Am starting to get nervous about flying now as am used to going to France on a ferry for 9hours with room to walk instead of being cooped up on an aeroplane with a husband 4 kids and 2 parents who've never been abroad before let alone fly!! :roll: Think i'll start the valium now! Any tips?
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Hi Natalie, my sister went to Trinidad, via Tobago, a few years ago for Christmas. My nephew was about 14 months also. She was travelling on her own, but was met in Tobago for the onward flight. She said he was as good as gold! He was just about starting to walk, so was happily amused. She had booked him his own seat though.

From seeing other parents on flights, I think one of the 'tricks' is that if the child wants to walk or move around, you should do so with them. Provided of course, that the pilot hasn't switched on the 'seat belts fastened' sign.

As a passenger, I would much rather have a parent and child moving around, circumstances permitting, and chatting/laughing (as much as one can with a 14month old!) than a child crying because it is frustrated and wants to move around. You also have an additional advantage (I think) in that it is a day flight going out.
Gill M

Re: British Airways & baby

Post by Gill M »

Hello Natalie

I may be wrong but I seem to remember that on BA flights, the carry cot seats were those right at the front of Economy Class (that's if you are travelling Economy), so there was a load more leg room. BA's Special Assistance Department are very helpful so why not phone them and ask about your worries? If you have your seat numbers already allocated then, providing you know your aircraft type, you can look up the position of your seats on http://www.seatguru.com . You may also be able to change your seats, if not to your satisfaction, by getting onto Special Assistance.

The flight will be over in no time so look forward to arriving in Tobago and having a great holiday.

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”