Sunday travel times from Tobago to Port of Spain

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
N Tucker

Sunday travel times from Tobago to Port of Spain

Post by N Tucker »

Hi, I need to get to POS on Sunday 10th June, early morning, and come back on the Monday at about 4pm. By plane or by boat, whatever is available, can you recommend how i can book this to ensure I get there, as this is for business not pleasure!
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi N

Welcome aboard! :lol:

You don't say where you have to get to POS from? The UK?
N Tucker

From Tobago!!

Post by N Tucker »

We are staying at the Coco Reef, Tobago, we are from the UK! my partner has to go to POS for Sunday/Monday.
Is this possible?

Thanks 4 your quick reply!
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi N

See the Tobago Express Airbridge pages on the Yes Tourism site - http://www.Yes-Tourism.com.
N Tucker

Post by N Tucker »

many thanks, it doesnt look like to goes from Tobago to POS, just the other way. Do you know of a fast catamaran that does that trip?
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Sorry, I don't understand your post. The Tobago Express airbridge goes from Tobago to Port of Spain and back again. See the relevant page in the menus (Tobago/Getting to Tobago/Ferry) for links to the current schedules.
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

As you are at the Coco Reef, a simple solution is to walk to the Tobago Express office at the airport to make the flight travel arrangements. It's open between 6am and 9pm every day. I think that it should be easy to get to POS early on Sunday morning, and back on Monday afternoon. Just be sure to plan for 90 minutes to get to Piarco to check in for the flight back to Crown Point if your partner is travelling from Port of Spain, as the traffic is horrendous. As long as you get to the airport 60 minutes from departure for check-in you will be ok, even though Tobago Express say that passengers must check in 90 minutes before departure. They close the flight and take standby passengers 30 minutes before departure.
Clyde
N Tucker

Post by N Tucker »

thanks for all your help guys. My only issue is that everywhere you keep pointing me there is no schedule for sundays. Dont worry too much when we land tomorrow we will investigate at the airport.

thanks again for being so helpful...
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

I'm not sure where you are getting the impression that there is no schedule for Sunday. Tobago Express flies between Piarco and Crown Point every day hourly starting at about 6am.

Don't be discouraged if they tell you that flights to Piarco are fully booked on Sunday morning. Many people book flights and don't show up. Early Sunday mornings to Piarco are easy to get on, as the checkout times for hotels and guest houses tend to start at 11am and people typically want to get in some last minute sleep or beach time before checking out. I can't comment on how easy it would be to get a confirmed seat back on a Monday afternoon as I have never tried that before. Worse case is to go to the airport soon after lunch and get on the standby list.

If that is too uncertain for you there's a 5pm sailing of the fast ferry from Port of Spain to Scarborough which takes approximately 2:45 hours. A safe check in time for the ferry is 1 hour before sailing. Hope this helps.
Clyde
N Tucker

Post by N Tucker »

thanks very much Clyde, most helpful
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

N Tucker wrote:thanks for all your help guys. My only issue is that everywhere you keep pointing me there is no schedule for sundays. Dont worry too much when we land tomorrow we will investigate at the airport.

thanks again for being so helpful...
Too late now I suppose, but for future reference, here is something I posted in another thread...
Josephine wrote:Looking at Tobago Express' website: http://www.tobagoexpress.com it shows the following times [edited for relevance] which may also apply for Saturdays/weekends, but I am unclear about this.
Perhaps someone can confirm, (and if anyone knows the Tobago Express web designer to get them to modify the site ;)) that the schedule on the website is for seven days a week?
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Josephine, the "Frequency" column for the Tobago Express flight schedule DOES say "Daily", so it would be reasonable to assume that it includes Saturdays and Sundays. Otherwise it would have said "Except Sat & Sun"?

N, it would be nice if you could let us know how your partner go on with the travel arrangements to Trinidad yesterday and back today..
Clyde
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

Clyde Alleyne wrote:Josephine, the "Frequency" column for the Tobago Express flight schedule DOES say "Daily", so it would be reasonable to assume that it includes Saturdays and Sundays. Otherwise it would have said "Except Sat & Sun"?
It does indeed! :( I guess, I have been living in the UK too long, that I am skeptical/wary/cautious when I see something says daily, given that almost everything here has a separate timetable for Saturdays and Sundays (and Bank/Public holidays). Then, just when you think you are familiar with the frequency, the clock changes take place and timetables change again!

No harm in 'triple checking'... ;)
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Good news on the airbridge!

Post by Hugh S »

Recent news says Caribbean Air is adding flights to Tobago on weekends. Doesn't help me this time as I have reserved with Tobago Express on weekdays but good news anyway. Check this link: http://www.thetobagonews.com/index.pl/a ... d=12121104

Hugh
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

I believe that the weekend Caribbean Airlines service starts from next weekend.
Clyde

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”