Caribbean Airways Reliable?

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
DaveTF
Newbie Visitor
Newbie Visitor

Caribbean Airways Reliable?

Post by DaveTF »

Hi, I am traveling on holiday to Tobago in January. I am currently working in Trinidad and my wife will be flying out to meet me. Can I depend on Caribbean Airways to stick to the timetable of flights or do I need to leave a lot of leeway. I am staying in Trinidad at the end of the holiday but I don't want my wife to miss her return flight.
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: Caribbean Airways Reliable?

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Dave, from our experience the flights between Tobago and Trinidad have been pretty good in recent months, usually running within 15-20 minutes of scheduled times. That said, if you happen to be unlucky on your travel day and there is an aircraft problem, this can cause follow-on delays of up to several hours. So keep your fingers crossed, but have a Plan B in case of the worst.

If you happen to be flying on a day when Caribbean Airlines uses their 737 then this is more sure. The flight number for the jet flights are 2900 or 2901 depending on the direction. Just be aware that they start to board the jet 45 minutes before scheduled departure, so you will have to be sure to check in at least 1 1/2 hours before departure. With the smaller Dash 8 aircraft, arriving for check-in an hour before departure is quite ok.

Clyde

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”