New Express Ferry

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Linda Janik

New Express Ferry

Post by Linda Janik »

We are traveling to Tobago via the fast ferry next month. I just love boats (have one myself) and so thought it might be nice to arrive from P.O.S. via ship. My family in Trinidad don't have any experience taking the ferries, so couldn't give me any advice on this.
Has anyone taken the new express ferry recently? Is it comfortable? Do they have any food/beverages available to purchase on the ferry? We already have our tickets - just wanted to know what to expect. :?:
thanks!
Clyde Alleyne
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Re: New Express Ferry

Post by Clyde Alleyne »

Linda, regarding your ferry questions:
Q. Is it comfortable?
A. Yes. there is an abundance of comfortable seating, with many small tables as well. The trip lasts approximately 3 hours. The trip to Tobago is a little rougher since the ferry is heading into the swells. Coming back to Trinidad the ride is glassy smooth.

Q. Do they have any food/beverages available to purchase on the ferry?
A. Food/beverages are available both in the departure area prior to boarding, as well as on the ferries themselves. If you plan to buy food on the ferry, you should join the line right after boarding, as many passengers have the same idea, and the line can get pretty long.

The ferry ticket says that passengers must check in two hours before departure, but in my experience this is not necessary. 1 hour is more than adequate. You should enjoy the ferry ride.

Clyde

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”