Virgin prices on the rise

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Matt Sid
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Virgin prices on the rise

Post by Matt Sid »

Recently booked flights for me and my family with Virgin travelling March 09 for two weeks (on the back of our XL flights being cancelled and yes we have recieved our full refund), out of interest checked the prices today to see that the prices have increasd by approx. £100.00 per person !!!!!!!!.

Sid
Paul Tallet
Weather Guru

Re: Virgin prices on the rise

Post by Paul Tallet »

From my experience the Virgin prices have increased by more than £200 since XL pulled out of the Caribbean.

Regards
Paul Tallet
Public Relations Consultant for Mother Nature
Tony G
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Tony G »

I for one am most definitely getting priced out of the market and I'm concerned that I may never be able to afford to fly to Tobago again. Perhaps we should hire our own aircraft and have a 'My Tobago Charter Flight'. Just a silly thought. Clutching at straws really.

Tony
Ben W

Post by Ben W »

Tony G wrote:I for one am most definitely getting priced out of the market and I'm concerned that I may never be able to afford to fly to Tobago again. Perhaps we should hire our own aircraft and have a 'My Tobago Charter Flight'. Just a silly thought. Clutching at straws really.

Tony
Start collecting BA miles.

If you use the BA Amex card and do your shopping at Tesco and get your phone etc via the BA eShop, you can easilly earn 50,000 miles every couple of years (I've made 25,000 in 5 months with a couple of flights and other things as well)

50,000 will get you an economy return to Tobago, spend over £10k on the Amex in a year and you get a 2-4-1 voucher, that means you and a +1 can head over, just for the cost of taxes and charges (still £500 or so but at 250 each you can't complain!).

The only problem is due to award availability, you have to book long in advance, its deffo worth it though, some people with creative spending at Tesco (taking advantag of point offers etc) make 100,000s of points a year.

Me and the missus are off to Tobago in April, in Club Class, for the princely sum of 570 odd pounds or so and 100,000 BA miles. They've taken a couple of years to ammass and I have flown BA a fair bit, its deffo worth doing though if you take it semi seriously, you can quickly get enough to save you £600-£1000 every couple of years
Jill M
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Jill M »

Great idea !!! Also if you apply through http://www.quidco.com you will also receive 1000 bonus BA miles,and for British Airways American Express Premium plus - 6000 bonus BA miles AND £30 for each successful application (British Airways card and British Airways Premium)

Jill
Sue Noble

Post by Sue Noble »

We are flying courtesy of Airmiles all amassed through shopping at Tesco.
Not supermarket of choice, 'but every little helps'!

First time as far as Tobago but using Airmiles to pay for holiday flights for few years now.

Flyning BA booked back in April. Haven't heard of them trying to bung on any surcharges yet!
Ben W

Post by Ben W »

Sue Noble wrote:We are flying courtesy of Airmiles all amassed through shopping at Tesco.
Not supermarket of choice, 'but every little helps'!

First time as far as Tobago but using Airmiles to pay for holiday flights for few years now.

Flyning BA booked back in April. Haven't heard of them trying to bung on any surcharges yet!
In my experience with BA you will not be asked to pay any extra surcharges etc, even when Gordy Brown added that new Airport Tax a year or so ago, BA absorbed the cost on all flights already booked, while most other airlines made you pay it on top of the ticket you had allready booked, so I would be very suprised if you have to pay any more for your ticket
Andy D
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Andy D »

Matt Sid wrote:Recently booked flights for me and my family with Virgin travelling March 09 for two weeks (on the back of our XL flights being cancelled and yes we have recieved our full refund), out of interest checked the prices today to see that the prices have increasd by approx. £100.00 per person !!!!!!!!.

Sid
You were very lucky to get your money back so quickly,i've been informed by my card company that it could take 6 - 8 weeks! :shock:

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”