trinidad to tobago

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Wanda F

trinidad to tobago

Post by Wanda F »

We will be arriving in Trinidad at 3:10pm. In order to allow for customs and the 90 minutes that we are to be there before our flight to Tobago could someone recommend what time I should book our flight to Tobago. I don't know how long it takes in customs or how timely the flights in from Miami are. This is not until December but we are trying to go ahead and get everything booked now so we will be sure to get a seat. Also when we come back our flight out of Trinidad is 4:22pm. So what would be a safe time (my husband always worries about being late) to book our flight from Tobago to Trinidad? :roll:

Thanks for any help

Wanda
David Watkins
Bude Cool Boy
Bude Cool Boy

Re: trinidad to tobago

Post by David Watkins »

Wanda,contact Yes tourism they will be able to assist you
David
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Wanda,

since BWIA/Tobago Express closed their doors and Caribbean Airlines took over, the airbridge between
Trinidad and Tobago is VERY much on time.
They tell you to check in 90 mins before departure but in reality 45 to 60 mins is just fine.
Flights from Miami though may not be on time and customs / immigration procedings usually take a whole hour or more in Piarco/Trinidad.
To be on the safe side, book a connection flight from Trini to T'go not earlier than 3 hours after your
scheduled arrival time in Trinidad.
The same 3 hours will apply for your return passage, as you are supposed to check in on the international flight in Piarco at least 2 hours prior to departure.
Wanda F

Post by Wanda F »

Andy,

Thanks so much for the information. That is just what I needed to know. I just love this site. I have traveled a lot but I have never come across a site that is this helpful for my destination. =D>

Excited future visitor!

Wanda
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

You 'r most welcome, Wanda.
I truly hope you will enjoy your holidays in Tobago.

Greetings from Trini,

Andy
Terry K

Post by Terry K »

Hi: We're planning our first trip to Tobago in December and I'm so happy to have found this helpful forum! We arrive in Trinidad at 10:30pm so need to overnight and catch a morning flight to Tobago. Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel near the airport that offers shuttle service and is reasonably priced, safe and clean? Perhaps I should post this in accommodations so my apologies if that is the case. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have. Terry
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Terry,

check the thread "Summit of the Americas. Worried about travel."
There is some very profound advice about hotels including phone contacts etc.

Andy
Joanne Green
Oh, so Sad!
Oh, so Sad!

Post by Joanne Green »

Hi Terry-
There is a good B&B near the airport called "Leo's Place". Leo is a darling little man who, with his wife Cadalia, runs a very clean place. He charges US$55 for a twin room with a/c & bath, incl. breakfast. For a fee, he will pick you up at night & take you back to the airport the next morning. He is absolutely reliable!! To get his email address & phone number, go to the Tobago tab at the top of the page, >Tobago Flights>Airbridge>Piarco Airport, & at the bottom of the page is the info on Leo's.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”