Tobago Virgin (Literally)

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Allan Robertson
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Tobago Virgin (Literally)

Post by Allan Robertson »

This is the first holiday I have taken that has solely been sourced through a single website. From the upgraded Monarch flight, to the accomodation (Birdie's) and car hire (Sheppy). I go mid-April for two weeks and am looking forward to the holiday. I was in Grenada and Antigua last year and am working my way through the islands of the Eastern Caribbean having previously visited BVI, St Thomas, Anguilla, Barbados & Dominica. But from all I have read on mytobago I think Tobago will be something special and unlike most of the others.

Any tips are welcome that will enhance my Tobago experience. Perhaps directions from the airport to Birdie's as a start?

Allan
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Re: Tobago Virgin (Literally)

Post by Hugh S »

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure many will help with directions and more.

Be sure to post again after you have lost your virginity. :P

Hugh 8)
Allan Robertson
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Perhaps my title to this thread is ambiguous and gives an impression that is not quite accurate.........All I mean is that I have never been to Tobago. Maybe I should just quit now and stop digging a deeper hole.

Allan
Ronald
Tobago Fanatic
Tobago Fanatic

Post by Ronald »

Hi Allan

Maybe you already know this, but in case..

If you go to the main page, choose "Accomondation/Top Choise", scroll down until you see Birdie´s Nest, click on "Details".
Now you see the page for Birdie´s Nest, choose "Map", and a satelite picture over the Black Rock area will come up and if you adjust the map using "-", you will have a better over all view over where Birdie´s Nest is situated and you will also see the manin road. Using "Hybrid" will give you a better view as the roads will come up in a better way.

By making the map smaller and using the arrow "down" you will very clear see the main road from the Airport via Bon Accord and Cannaan up to the junction where Shirvan Rd meets Claude Noel Hwy. You turn left on Shirvan Rd passing Bucco, crossing Bucco Bay Road, passing Mt Irvine Golf Lane, and further on Mt Irvine Bay, and after the hills you reach the village Black Rock.

If you buy a roap map at the airport, than I´m sure you will have no problems to find your way to Birdie´s nest.

//Ronald
Allan Robertson
myTobago Rookie
myTobago Rookie

Thank you Ronald, I'll get on to it now and buying a map seems an eminently sensible idea.

Allan
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Allan,

No worries, your meaning is clear. Just my twisted sense of humor, couldn't resist. :lol:

You may find, as I have, that Tobago is better than sex. :wink:

Hugh 8)

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”