Delta ends Trinidad and Tobago service May 31

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Delta ends Trinidad and Tobago service May 31

Post by Hugh S »

I just got a call from Delta telling me that all of the fights I booked for this June are canceled. :x Time to start all over again.

Anyone want to buy some Delta miles cheap? I'll swap for American or Continental miles. :wink:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl ... =161610599

Hugh 8)
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Re: Delta ends Trinidad and Tobago service May 31

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hi Hugh

My sympathies. To be frank, it comes as no surprise. There service announcements have been on-off for several years and, as I said on our Air Services page for North American flights, "Don't hold your breath". They truly are On-Off Airlines. :x

Good luck in finding alternative flights to get you there.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Thanks Steve,

I never did hold my breath - the letdown was expected. I have been given the "royal" treatment by them too many times in the past. Only dealt with Delta because they had the monopoly on the direct flight. I have already switched all my miles accumulating accounts to a different card and will be canceling the Delta card soon. Small consolation.

Hugh 8)
Dianne K

Post by Dianne K »

Hugh, wondering what airline (s) you ended up taking to Tobago. We recently received a call from Delta indicating our Dec/Jan flight was cancelled. As we are from Wisconsin, so expect to travel to at least one other city before we end up in Tobago.
Thanks,
Dianne
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Morning Dianne,

American from San Francisco to Miami and to Port of Spain. Even with the extra $48 for Carib Air RT it is about the same as I had paid on Delta. It does require an overnight in Miami on the return. Good thing I have family there!

I will be in Tobago beginning June 17!!! :D

Hugh 8)
Dianne K

Post by Dianne K »

Hugh, thanks for the info on the airlines. I have been playing around at it looks like our best bet is also to travel from Miami. However, at this time, it looks like we we have to spend a night in Trinidad on the way there and and possibly a night in Miami on the way home. Still playing around with the most convenient flights. Have a great trip!
Dianne
Hugh S
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Hugh S »

Hello again,

By taking the red-eye from San Francisco I can get on the 9:45 am flight out of Miami that arrives in POS at 1:30 pm. Plenty of time to get to Tobago that same day.

We would rather overnight in Miami than in Trinidad so we are outbound from POS on a 2:45 pm flight.

Only a few more days to go!!! \:D/

Hugh 8)

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”