Comfort on Condor economy flight FRA-TAB?

Your questions and comment on travel to Tobago
Ninas
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Comfort on Condor economy flight FRA-TAB?

Post by Ninas »

We are visiting Tobago for the second time in August and this year we would like to book a direct flight from Frankfurt to Tobago (last year we had to take 4 flights - very time consuming :wink: ). I was able to find mostly negative reviews about Condor economy class on Boeing 767 (seats not reclining, poor legroom, not movable armrests,...). I have problems with my back and long distance flights are usually a nightmare for me, since backpains are huge. Therefore, I am thinking to book Economy premium class which has better legroom. Is ecomony on Condor FRA-TAB really so uncomfortable and Economy premium worth to pay 200 Euro extra for a (better?) comfort (or even service)? I would really appreciate if somebody shared experiences with Condor economy or Economy premium class on FRA-TAB flight. Me and my back would be very thankful for any info :) Thank you.
Susanne Thomsen
Tobago Guru
Tobago Guru

Re: Comfort on Condor economy flight FRA-TAB?

Post by Susanne Thomsen »

Hi Ninas.

If you go from Slovenia to Frankfurt, would it be much cheeper to go London Gatwick, and then fly from Gatwick to Tobago. We always do that. Take Monarch air it is very cheep. You can go on homepage http://flights.monarch.co.uk/ or as i do Goldencaribbean http://www.goldencaribbean.co.uk/ it is the same, but this was the way i started.
I have a very bad bag to, and have no problems with normal economi.

What i mean is take a flight to Gatwick from Slovenia and then Gatwick- Tobago. I think it will be much cheeper for you this way.
Hope you can use this. good luck

Regards Susanne Thomsen
Ninas
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ninas »

Thank you Susanne for your detailed reply, it was of a great help! I will also check Monarch flights, although I´ve already found a very cheap flight at Condor. However, any experiences with Condor service are still welcome :) Thanks again!
Andy K
Tobago Anorak
Tobago Anorak

Post by Andy K »

Nina(s),

i have not travelled on CONDOR since 2007, but i clearly recall having back problems on the worn seats in the
economy class. If they didn't do anything since in terms of upholstery, then "crapaud smoke yuh pipe"
(trini for "you will be in big trouble")

The comfort class appears to be much more comfortable (supposedly), but i recall also much more expensive.
The service of course is also different in terms of meals and drinks.

You may check Lufthansa from Munich/Germany to Miami and connecting flight on Caribbean Airlines to Trinidad.
Both flights very much on time and good service. Lufthansa Airbus 330 is so much more comfortable compared to
the old 767, even in economy class.

Enjoy your holidays !
Ninas
Getting Hooked
Getting Hooked

Post by Ninas »

It´s been two weeks since we returned back from Tobago and it was AMAZING again!!! We enjoyed our holiday even more than last year and we enjoyed every single moment last year. Again, we got so much more from this beautiful island and people as we could imagine :D We had started to plan our next visit even before we left the island (ummm...yes, I think we are becoming one of the dedicated Tobago junkies). From the moment I came of the airport building it was like being home again. It is simply magical to be there.
Andy, last year we did exactly what you have proposed and we were pleasantly surprised that seats on Caribbean airline flight from Miami to POS were much more comfortable than Lufthansa´s. This year we took the flight with Condor, economy class (they had a special offer for the days we have planed our vacation). Actually, it was not as bad as I thought it would be (the plane didn´t look old at all, the service was ok but average, the food was OK). The seats were quite good, although I got one which was not reclining well (I had to push it back from time to time, because it went up again and again) - on the way there and back home (I have booked the same seats for both ways from home - it wasn´t really a smart decision :( ). I have checked premium economy seats and maybe they are a little bit more comfortable, can´t decide whether they are worth paying extra money though. However, I have took a lot of "equipment" to ease my back pains this year on the plane (special pillows, painkillers, special stockings, 3 books, sleeping pills,...). Although, I know I looked like I´m preparing for the end of the world and a little bit funny with all these "devices" on my seat, strong painkillers and a special back pillow were worth their money :wink:

And not to forget: we are not completely sure but I think we might have seen you (Andy) a couple of times in Scarborough driving the car - we have recognized you from the profile photo (or that one in the car looked very alike). Unfortunately, we couldn´t say "Hi" but I hope we will get the oportunity next time we visit Tobago.

Thanks again and hope to come back soon!
Nina

Return to “Air Travel & Getting To Tobago”