Eco House...Pirates Bay

4 apartments in Charlotteville
Caroline L

Eco House...Pirates Bay

Post by Caroline L »

HI

Has anyone stayed at the Eco House in Pirates Bay?

Would love to hear your comments and perhaps some pictures of it, together with the views.

Caroline
Gabrielle E

Post by Gabrielle E »

We stayed at Pirates Bay ecohome last March. It's a good sized apartment and good value - if fairly functional. The apartment we stayed in had 2 bedrooms and a kitchen; a good shower room and a much needed electric fan! The owner lived downstairs, but wasn't always there.

Wheher it would be right for you depends on what you want. It's very peaceful and well placed for spending your days at the beautiful Pirates Bay - it's about as close as you can get, being up a winding path from the head of the main steps down to the beach. It's a steep walk and not for the non-mobile. On the other hand, relative closeness to the beach has the downside of being a bit of a walk outside Charlotteville, so it's less convenient if you want to pop out for a meal in the evening (or lug your shopping back up the hill). If you have a car, getting it up there involves some fancy manoeuvring and reversing up the last bit so not for the faint hearted driver (spooked me anyway!)

But there was something magical about being in a more isolated spot, listening to the wildlife, and being able to pluck a morning grapefruit fresh from the tree.

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures I can send, but the views are more of trees than the sea from the house itself, though once you get down the path the views are spectacular.

Be warned though, you need good insect repellant. There were insect screens on all the windows, which were needed as once the sun set the bugs came out and you need to cover up!
Hans Petro

Post by Hans Petro »

I liked it to stay at Mr Moores Pirate Bay Eco-Home - I agree with the oher poster and if you don´t mind walking a bit and like to be in the nature, it´s a great place. There are two other budget rooms (doublebed), very tiny, but clean and with shower and a small kitchen and Mr Mooreis is a very nice and kind gentleman. And I enjoid my 2 weeks in Charlottevile - it´s a good place to take in the carabian pace a little bit.

Enoy your stay

Hans

Return to “Pirate Bay Eco-Home”