Guest Report

12 apartments in Crown Point (listing)
Marilyn D'souza

Guest Report

Post by Marilyn D'souza »

I visited Trinidad from Canada for a wedding and wanted to spend some time in Tobago. Unfortunately, this never happened even though a relative booked the Rainbow Resort from the 3rd thur the 6th June as this was all the time I have available left to visit Tobago. I was told I had to make a payment by the 28th May, no amount was given even though I asked. I however made a payment of $1500.00 TT$ to an account in the name or Mrs Rattan, the owner of the resort. To my dismay, there was a holiday on the Monday 31 May. The only day left for me to book on the boat to Tobago was on the Tuesday 1st June. I was told the boats were all booked up and me and my relatives could only get on the boat on Friday 4th June. I immediately asked my relative to call the resort and cancel as we would not have been able to visit Tobago given the limited time I now have and ask for a refund. My relative was told by Mrs Rattan the she will only refund 50% of the monies. I immediately called Mrs Rattan and told her of our situation and was told that no monies would be refunded as she did not have sufficient time. I also called to inquire if the resort was book and was told it was booked fully. Not only did Mrs Rattan did not refund my monies but she also had the hotel totally booked.
To date I am yet to receive my monies and wants visits to be aware of the problems they may encounter by deceiving individuals in Tobago.
I am a frequent traveler and was surprise to the response I got from Mrs Rattan. I will have my lawyers contact Mrs
Rattan soon.

Return to “Rainbow Resort”