Guest Report

2 apartments in Charlotteville
Vivien Allan

Guest Report

Post by Vivien Allan »

After reading reports of Rosa's House on your site I booked this property for 5 nights in January 2007. I paid $60 a night and to say that the property was dirty would be an understatement. The limited cutlery needed to be boiled to clean it and even the door handles were disgustingly grimey.I couldn't wait to get out and left a day early even forfeiting a days rental. The owner Gifford Nelson blamed the grime on the cleaner when really he should have taken responsibility for the dingy, unimaginative state of the appartment. The veiw from the ground floor is almost totally obscured by next door's "shed" and the only redeeming features are the comfy chairs on the porch. I would not recommend this property or Belle Aire Inn to anybody.
My stay in Charlotteville was curtailed and I didn't get a particually good feel for the place but I think this was due to the fact that I couldn't bear to stay in the property a moment longer. There should be a tourist board of some sort to maintain some sort of standards for rentals otherwise more visitors will be as dissatisfied as I am.

Return to “Rosa's House”