Guest Report

8 apartments in Castara (listing)
Allison l

Guest Report

Post by Allison l »

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a wonderful 5 night stay at Sealevel and could not have been more satisfied with our experience. The studio was small and very minimal, however it had all the essentials. We had a small kitchenette that we used to prepare most of our meals (made from fresh produce purchased from one of the few small convenience stores up the hill or down the hill). We did have a minor issue with the toilet, but the staff of sealevel were eager to help and got the situation fixed right away. We had a wonderful balcony off our apartment that we spent most of our time on (when we were in the room). There were a few tobagonians that were around doing repairs and maintaining the place and they were SO HELPFUL and SO NICE. Sealevel is walking distance to the restaurants and bars in the area, but there is no noise being generated from these establishments so you really feel like you are secluded and "off the grid". If you love birds, this is place is perfect. We had hummingbirds on our balcony every day, not to mention the many other roosters and chickens that call the island home. Sealevel is also about a 4 minute saunter down to the beach, which is gorgeous and perfect for swimming. Castara itself is a lovely little fishing village, and you really are in the heart of it staying at Sealevel. Every morning, my boyfriend and I got up to go watch the fishermen and all the young men from the village pulling in their massive fishing net that spanned the entire bay, and towards the end of our stay, they even let us help!!! If you want a true tobagonian experience on a BUDGET (very inexpensive accommodation!!) Sealevel and Castara is the way to go!!! The only problem is that you wont want to go home...which it seems is a common sentiment as we met MANY expats from canada and the UK that feel in love with Castara and have made it their home!

Return to “Sealevel Guesthouse”