Guest Report

1-bedroom apartment in Bacolet (listing)
Jeremy y

Guest Report

Post by Jeremy y »

Where to begin!!

I had the absolute pleasure of staying at Shirma's Apartments for the course of my 4 weeks undertaking my medical elective with a friend at Scarborough General Hospital.

From the get go, I knew we were going to be well looked after when Shirma and Clifford picked us up from the airport the day we arrived. Shirma and her family are an incredibly nice bunch, and we felt welcomed like family during our stay.

The apartment was clean and fully furnished, with everything you need to get by. Electricity, water, gas and wifi are all included.

The apartment is located in Bacolet, around 10-15 mins drive from the hospital and 5 min drive (30 min walk) from Scarborough. We were dropped off to the hospital every morning, and got picked up by a taxi at the end of the day (usually really afternoon). About 15 mins walk from the apartment is Bacolet Beach, where we spent many afternoons.

During our stay we were treated to Shirma's (superb!) cooking every Sunday, a weekly trip to the supermarket, and occasional trips for local foods ("doubles" which is a MUST TRY and roti).

If any questions or concerns, Shirma was always there to help without fail! She would go the extra mile to ensure everything worked out smoothly. For example, on the first day of electives, she guided us to hospital admin. When we wanted to hire a car for the weekend, she made the arrangements for us!

Staying at Shirma's was literally like staying at a second home, and really made my Tobago elective experience one I'll cherish for the rest of my life. Thank you so much Shirma & co., we'll miss you!

Return to “Shirma's Apartment”