Guest Report

1-bedroom apartment in Bacolet (listing)
Kiah Lunstone

Guest Report

Post by Kiah Lunstone »

We were a group of 6 girls staying with Shirma for our Medical Elective in Tobago. We had the best 5 weeks we possibly could have had and staying with shirma was a massive part of that! For elective students I would say it is definitely the best option on the island.
Shirma is so friendly and welcoming and looked after us like a mother during the 5 weeks we stayed with her. We stayed in a very modern 6 Person apartment which was fitted with everything we needed and was incredibly spacious. We also had access to all the facilities including the pool and private beach at the local beach club which is where we spent most afternoons after placement!
Whilst we were completely independent in terms of what we decided to do and when, if we ever needed help with anything, any recommendations or help organising a day trip- all we had to do was ask shirma. Shirma was so helpful and when we asked, organised tours and trips for us getting us great deals (and often special treatment on the trips!). We did a bioluminescence kayaking tour, an all day boat trip with snorkelling and a BBQ, and a boat trip to little Tobago. These were all fantastic! We also took part in Carnival which was my personal favourite day of the trip! Shirma helped sort costumes for 12 of us and organised for us to "play Mas" it was a fab day full of dancing and Soca music!

If you are considering doing your elective in Tobago, I would 100% recommend staying here!

Return to “Shirma's Apartment”