Store Bay Holiday Resort Reviews ??

19 apartments in Crown Point (listing)
farhad_khan

Store Bay Holiday Resort Reviews ??

Post by farhad_khan »

Does anyone have any comments to make about the resort listed above? I already looked at what the author of the website had to say but it is not enough. How is the 1bedroom furnished? How far are good restaurants? What do people have to say about the overall impression they got after staying there?
Steve Wooler
myTobago Editor & Chief Anorak

Store Bay Holiday Resort

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Farhad

Hopefully somebody who has stayed there can give you some information and opinion, but this establishment never seems to get much mention. It is a small budget hotel. I have never heard anything about it good, or bad. I certainly have no idea of how the bedrooms are furnished. I can however tell you that there are four very good restaurants that spring to mind immediately, within a ten minute walk - Ru-B-Lous, Dillons, Pelican Reef and Panache. Sorry I can't tell you more, but hope this is some help.
Steve Wooler
myTobago.info - the definitive Visitor Guide to Tobago
Roseanne

Post by Roseanne »

I would really appreciate some feed back here. It is really affordable but I am wondering about the ambience etc. Has anyone checked it out so far??
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello Roseanne

Sadly I’ve been unable to trace any information on the Store Bay Holiday Resort. As you say, it’s certainly affordable, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Jill replied to a similar enquiry from Trinidad, earlier this week. That was about the Golden Thistle Hotel. My reply is identical. I think the Store Bay is another of that collection of budget/medium-value hotels that primarily service the local (i.e. Trinidadian) market during the summer months. These hotels are never featured in European/North American travel brochures and therefore are largely missed by the overwhelming majority of readers and users of this site and forum. As both you and the person who asked for reports on the Golden Thistle are from Trinidad, it gives some credibility to our theories about these hotels.

I’m delighted that we are now starting to get readers in Trinidad and hopefully a few will post reports on hotels and accommodation that they have used in Tobago. We’ve had remarkably few posts from Trinidad so far. I guess Tobago is so local that people just don’t think of using the Internet to research holidays there. Anyway, sorry we can’t help, yet, but please be sure to post a report, wherever you eventually decide to stay on Tobago. This will help us build up a database of opinion on these small hotels which will be of help to other Trinidadians (and everyone else). This site is every bit as much for you as it is for travellers from further afield.

Enjoy!! :D
Steve Wooler
Roseanne

Post by Roseanne »

Still no word on it from my checking with friends but I have heard that James Apartments offer accommodation for the same price with better facilities. Indeed, I would agree that it is a suitable type of accommodation for locals as it does not offer the the amenities tourists would be looking for, for an enjoyable stay. Locals just need a place to put their heads that's basically just clean and safe since we know our way around and can find our way around easier than the visitors from afar. I will certainly look at more of these type of places when I get there and keep you informed.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Thanks, Roseanne. Your feedback will really be appreciated.

In a sense you're right in what you say, but a holiday hotel is a holiday hotel, so when it comes to levels and standards of accommodation and catering, there's no reason that a hotel should not be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of whether they're local or long-haul. Lots of overseas visitors also only want/need a clean and comfortable place to rest their head, with no frills.

I'm going to pull your leg, Roseanne, and say that I think most Tobagonians consider Trinidadians on holiday as 'tourists' as well - but I know what you mean. I live in England, so I'm also a 'tourist' when I go on holiday to Ireland, Scotland or Wales (and anywhere north of Watford, for that matter). After all, a local wouldn't be asking for feedback on hotels, would they? :wink:

Don't take me wrong, Roseanne, I'm not being funny - simply wanting to stress to all our reader that this site is for everyone who is planning a visit to Tobago, regardless of whether they come from near or far. There are only two types of visitor to this site: a) Tobago business owners/managers who want to see what the world thinks of the island and their businesses, and b) anyone else who is think of visiting the island.

As a matter of interest, I'm particularly interested in getting some visitor feedback on the following medium-sized hotels. Now that we're in the 'low season', our readership from Europe and North America will drop off for a few months and our Caribbean readership is increasing as they plan their summer holidays. So, I am hoping that some of our local readers can provide feedback on these hotels:
  • Golden Thistle Hotel
    Conrado Beach Resort
    Rovanel's Resort
    Johnston Apartments
    James Holiday Resort
    Jetway Apartments
    Arthur's By The Sea
    Bellevista Apartments
Thanks in anticipation and good hunting, Roseanne. Be sure to let us know where you stay and what you think of it. :lol:
Steve Wooler
Roseanne

Post by Roseanne »

I take your remarks in good faith, don't worry!

I work at the British High Commission in Trinidad and so I also hunt for good accommodation for the diplomats here. One of them quite recently stayed at Arthur's with his parents and he recommends it highly. The rooms do not have kitchenettes but it's walking distance to some of the islands best restaurants I've heard. Ask for Ms Wilson, she's very very helpful.
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Brilliant! Thank for that. Yes, I've heard that Arthur's is basic but good and I can certainly confirm that it's ideally located.
Steve Wooler
Charbuckland

Store Bay Holiday Resort

Post by Charbuckland »

Firstly,I am a new user to your website and I am very impressed by the quality and honesty of the information provided.I am due to get married in Tobago in January,and at present I am researching affordable room rates for my visiting guests from the UK.I have received a very reasonable rate from the Store Bay Holiday resort,but your information was limited to 2003.Any updated information in 2006,also what are the contact details for the James Holiday Resort and the Golden Thistle Hotel?(I'm really looking at affordable accommodation around the Store Bay/Bon Accord area)
Steve Wooler

Post by Steve Wooler »

Hello

Welcome aboard! :lol:

I'm afraid that all the information we've got is in our listings and in these forum pages. Likewise, our only contact information will be in the listings for each property. Sorry I can't add anything to what is already posted.
Steve Wooler

Return to “Store Bay Holiday Resort”