Guest Report

3 beachside apartments in Castara (listing)
Damon & Lynne Osborne

Guest Report

Post by Damon & Lynne Osborne »

Coconut Heights, The Beach House, Heavenly Bay, Castara, Tobago

This March / April we spent 17 days in Coconut Heights. It was a wonderful experience. The Tobago climate is very near perfect and a habitation does not need to be weather proof, it only needs to keep the showers off. Coconut Heights is very open with the beach and ocean in front of you and tropical greenery all around. It is an apartment with a lovely lounge terrace. The bedroom is also open to the terrace but can be closed off. Outside is another small terrace with a BBQ which we used a lot. The kitchen is very well equipped and good to cook in. So far I have described only layout, the real thing is how beautiful it is. All decorated and ornamented with shells, carvings murals, driftwood and family photos. This is not a bare bones holiday let but near paradise in my opinion. A variety of fabulous birds came every morning to be fed. We gave them bread and bananas and other surplus fruit. Humming birds too.
The fishermen brought their catch to the end of the garden and sold us mai mai and tuna steaks and red snapper for 5 euros a kilo.
The beach bar and car hire are also on the doorstep. We hired for the duration but we could have saved money by hiring when we actually wanted to go somewhere which was only half the time.
If you need to take the 21st century with you this is not for you with no WiFi or telly but if you want tranquillity and a magnificent view I highly recommend Coconut Heights and Tobago.

Damon & Lynne Osborne 2014

Return to “Beach House”