Guest Report

3 beachside apartments in Castara (listing)
Nora Kropf

Guest Report

Post by Nora Kropf »

We stayed at the Beach House in Castara for 6 nights in April and had a great time! The location and openness of the flat is great. It is private and hidden, tough very central - a paradise with all our nice animal- and human neighbours. We feed the hummingbirds (Kolibri in german) Porridge gave us the recipe: mix one cup of white sugar together with three cups of water, then boil it, let it cool down and ready is the sweet nectar. By the way not only humming birds like it, in the night the bats came and served themselves. It was so interesting to watch them and all the colourful birds. Some people mentioned to bring earplugs, I personally loved the sound of the sea and the birds and the breeze, provides you with beautiful tropical dreams. But if you are sensible as my partner was, than they can be useful. I needed them just once for the Wednesday night party – best is to celebrate that night; just we had to stand up early for a planned dive. Little bay is very personal and great place for snorkelling - along the coast is a lively reef you see turtles, barracudas, big big sting rays, sometimes the visibility was not the best because of waves and wind but most of the days it was good. What I loved so much in Tobago was that most of the animals are free and you share the open space with chicken families, goats, cats, very nice friendly dogs …(they care for you and become your best friends if you like them, if you are not a dog lover they notice it immediately and leave you alone). As many people mentioned, it is nice to rent a car and drive around – as there are no street signs, you better stop and ask the locals, even if they sometimes seem to look a bit grumpy they are very nice and helpful. Take care of the cows as they love to sleep on the streets; therefore they are called Tobago’s speed bumps. I will come back for sure. Nora

Return to “Beach House”