Guest Report

3 beachside apartments in Castara (listing)
Keith@jacqui Egglestone

Guest Report

Post by Keith@jacqui Egglestone »

What a fantastic seven days. The accomodation was perfect, everything exactly as described by former holidaymakers on 'My Tobago'. Jacqui spent hours on the beach (which she had to herself for much of the time) while I enjoyed time on the veranda,reading and videoing the many birds which visited the bird feeder. The village shops were more than adequate and the locals very friendly and helpfull. Didn't need to dine out in the evenings as we had the best table on the island by staying at home. Only slight problem was that we had no gas on arrival and we were unable to contact Porridge for a couple of days, when it was quickly sorted. Many thanks for the opportunity to stay at your wonderfull
house - we hope to go back again if you will have us.
KEITH

I fell in love with the Beach House from the minute we walked in. The location was stunning with views from the balcony straight onto the beach. Every minute of the day the view changed from sunrise as the first rays of sunlight hit on the water and the birds arrived on the birdfeeder for breaksfast , through to the most amazing sunsets. After dark the bats flew around, and for the first time I saw fireflies like small stars darting around in the trees.

Even cooking was a pleasure in the well equipped kitchen, as I looked out to the plants below to see the humming birds flitting from flower to flower.

It was however, not just the location that made me fall in love with the beach house, it was beautifuly decorated, from the hammock where I loved to read my book after coming up from the beach at the end of the afternoon, to the many collections of shells, driftwood and various pictures and ceramics of tropical fish. It was an absolute privilege to have a week here, my idea of paradise.

Jacqui

p.s. Well worth trying the local bread in Castara ~ which is made locally ~ for 2009 on Wednesdays and Saturdays (at the back of the school). Best to go down at 9am to order what you want, and it will be ready to collect lunchtime. And it freezes really well.

p.p.s. Hair straightners don't work in Tobago, so be prepared to be have curly hair for the duration!
AlisonM

Re: Guest Report

Post by AlisonM »

We were sorry to learn that Keith and Jacqui had no gas for cooking on arrival. This unfortunate situation seems to have arisen because the previous guests did not mention that the gas had run out and the cleaner did not notice during the changeover. We have put the necessary steps in place to ensure that this does not happen again. We were also concerned that Keith and Jacqui had difficulty contacting Porridge as this is most unusual. We have written directly to them to express our concern and to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Return to “Beach House”