Guest Report

5 apartments in Speyside (listing)
Melody

Guest Report

Post by Melody »

My overall experience with Top Ranking Hill View was good, but not great and there are certainly things to be aware of if you decide to stay there.

First, I communicated with the owners via email and found their responses back to me were very slow (a week at one point). Perhaps it is because the owners are informal in their operations, they also didn't take deposit or required me to sign anything when I "checked-in".

Second, it has been mentioned before, but be prepared when you arrive at the guest house to walk up an incredibly steep driveway. It really isn't suitable for those who are not in-shape or have health problems.

The rooms themselves are spacious, clean and have all the required amenities of simple, but comfortable guest house. While we couldn't see the sea very well from our balcony, the view of the area we did have was beautiful.

There's suppose to be shop on site, but it wasn't open when we were there. And the closest restaurants are a good 5 minutes drive away. But they were not issues for us.

We also took the glass bottom boat trip through Top Ranking. The sea unfortunately was quite rough, so the ride was on the short side and we didn't get to see Little Tobago. It would have been nice if we were informed of this prior to going out on the boat.

The owners of Top Ranking were nice enough, giving us bottled water and even papayas growing on their tree when my friend asked if she could take some home.

Considering the price of our accommodations, I think our experience was fair and I would recommend Top Ranking to other fellow travellers. Although I would be sure they knew what to expect prior to arrival.

Return to “Top Ranking Hill View Guest House”